Business Unit: Power and Gas
Requisition Number: 232732
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Rural Hall
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering
excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than
165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously
leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business
opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is
organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services,
Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process
Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Siemens is the leading service partner for ensuring high reliability and
optimal performance of rotating power equipment within the utility, oil &
gas, and industrial processing industries worldwide – as well as for wind
turbines. Siemens’ extensive national network of service technicians is able
to quickly and comprehensively offer expert service to maximize the
lifecycle of power generation equipment, helping to ensure reliability and
For more information, please visit:
Are you looking for your next dynamic opportunity? Because of our continued growth, we are adding a critical Production Planner position to our Manufacturing Repair facility in Rural Hall, NC. You will have direct involvement with standardizing and improving processes around our production environment. Can you help us craft a more impactful tomorrow?
You will be actively involved in:
- Releasing work packages to production shop floor and anticipating daily scheduling system updates
- Leading and supporting weekly production planning meetings
- Anticipating production schedules throughout entire routing including subcontracted operations and operations performed in other areas of production within WSC
- Providing confirmed order status and lead-times from production to the CSR for communication to the customer and expediting contract reviews to conclusion after initiation by the CSR
- Conducting or support critical readiness reviews with other departments and track action items to ensure proper implementation
- Monitoring on time delivery and watch recovery schedules for overdue orders by maintaining key goals and other requested detailed reports for area of responsibility
- Communicating important changes in customer requirements and meaningful priorities to Engineering, Operations and Quality
- Communication of critical delays to CSR immediately upon notification
- Assisting CSR/MRP Controller with material planning activities and coordinating and expediting of material staging/logistics
- Coordinating of supporting information and technical data for out sourcing requirements with the WSC buyer, Engineering and Quality Management
We look for this person to be situated at the established manufacturing location of Rural Hall, North Carolina.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
You will need the following expertise to be successful:
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a dynamic manufacturing environment
- Detailed knowledge and proficient in Microsoft Excel, Power Point, Word, and SAP
- Validated and accomplished Negotiation skills
- Deep understanding of business strategy and plans to ensure alignment
- Established critical process improvement changes in a production environment
- Accumulated 2-5 years of experience working in a manufacturing environment or related field
- Ability to travel 10%.
- Achieved a BS/BA in related discipline, or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Certification may be required in some areas.
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
At Siemens, we live and cultivate an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams and innovate to succeed.
Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this exciting position? If so, we'd like to meet you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.