Project Manager - Intelligent Traffic Systems
Business Unit: Intelligent Traffic Systems
Requisition Number: 232744
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Billerica
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 25%
If you really want to make a difference - make it with Siemens.
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process
Committed to the safe and reliable transportation of people and goods by rail and road, Siemens Mobility designs and manufactures across the entire spectrum of rolling stock, including commuter and regional
passenger trains, light rail and streetcars, metros, locomotives, passenger coaches, and high-speed trainsets. In the U.S., Siemens is providing rail vehicles, locomotives, components and systems to more than 25 agencies in cities such as D.C., New York, Boston, Sacramento, San Diego, and St. Louis.
With over 372,000 people working at Siemens, it would be hard to define one single culture. However, we do have values which we like to live by. They're things like providing honest, open feedback, encouraging people to take ownership of projects and supporting entrepreneurialism in the workplace. We like to act as a team at Siemens. We believe if we all work as one, together we can make the world a smarter place.
Siemens Intelligent Traffic Systems is seeking to hire a Senior Project Manager for public construction, maintenance, and stand-alone service contracts related to intelligent traffic systems (ITS) and outdoor lighting. In this role, you will own the customer relationship and manage complete projects, including the engineering, procurement, and operations team, as well as subcontractors. You will also lead the final design, construction and successful implementation of the project.
You will be the main point for all external and internal parties who are involved with the project and in charge of delivering the project on time, in quality and within budget. This position reports to the East Operations Manager, located in Billerica, MA. You will be working with both internal (Sales, Project Coordinators, Commercial Service Managers) and external (Construction Supervisors, Distributors, Municipal Authorities) customers.
- Provides daily administrative and technical management of the project, oversees and supports sub project teams, such as but not limited to the engineering and construction teams in project design and development including scope, subcontractor selection, cost estimation, installation, and project scheduling.
- Coordinates with vendors and subcontractors to assure competitive cost, best schedule and delivery for all project-related equipment, supply installations, and construction services.
- Manages internal production and external vendors and subcontractors to ensure quality control and project delivery on time and within budget, while meeting or exceeding customer expectations.
- Provides ongoing project status updates with all parties throughout design, ramp up, implementation and close out.
- Evaluates technologies and equipment; recommends most suitable for each application.
- Provides project reports, documentation, technical assistance, support, and collaboration.
- Manages project expenditures and job cost accounting processes: including accuracy, documentation, approvals, invoicing, payment reporting/accounts receivable, financial forecasting, and tracking/reporting.
- Ensures compliance with company, industry, trade, and jurisdictional safety standards, practices and codes.
- Fosters positive and effective team development and business relationships at all levels and project phases.
- Coordination of all activities and appropriate and efficient handling and utilization of company resources
- Assistance with estimating, bidding and business development, including the analysis of resources required based on industry knowledge and past project performance metrics
- Identification and analysis of systems requirements and definition of project scope, requirements, and deliverables
- Tracking and reporting of team hours and expenses on a regular basis
- Managing internal and external project budgets
- Overseeing all aspects of the project including Profit and Loss and analyze project profitability, revenue, margins, bill rates and, utilization
- Compliance with the Siemens PM@Siemens Process and Guidelines
Industry experience, i.e. managing ITS projects and/or public construction projects, which involve electrical and mechanical, engineering and/or industrial power construction with focus on complex facility infrastructure construction, renovations, retrofits, upgrades, building controls and automation, energy services, and renewable technology is highly desirable.
- Master Electrician’s license or ability to obtain within 6 months is highly desirable, but not required
- PMI certification or ability to obtain within 6 months
- PM@Siemens certification level or ability to obtain within 6 months
- >3 years experience in project management, preferably in the ITS industry
- Experience using SAP for accounting and/or project management functions
- Ability to organize and perform a variety of tasks and meet stringent timelines
- Well-versed in project management concepts, practices, and procedures
- Knowledge of statistics and the development and tracking of metrics and project KPI’s
- Self-motivated and possess the ability to learn Siemens processes and applications independently and stay up to date on changes
- Ability to generate revenue by promoting client services
- Ability to create and manage project plans within MS Project and/or any other electronic applications as required.
- Advanced degree MAY be substituted for experience, where applicable
Proficient computer skills, including MS Word, Excel, Project, Power Point, etc.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, vision, and dental plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short, and Long-Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.