Electrical and Computer Engineering Intern
Business Unit: Laboratory Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 232768
Primary Location: United States-New York-Tarrytown
Assignment Category: Full-time temporary
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthineers
Siemens US Talent Acquisition
Student Intern Job Description
Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics is currently seeking a 2017 summer electrical and computer engineering intern to support its research and development of our in vitro diagnostic instruments. This individual will explore new technologies and support wide range of design, development and test from the digital and analog electronic circuits to computer and network used in the instruments.
- Design, perform design verification on and troubleshoot digital, analog electronic circuits
- Write embedded test code in C, collect test data and perform data analysis
- Perform system model simulation
- Develop low complexity PC Board assemblies and test fixtures.
- Develop test firmware/scripts for automated testing of assemblies.
- Perform integration testing of new hardware with thorough documentation of test results
- Work with engineers, write and release engineering documents
- Complete special projects as needed and other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Actively enrolled in a degree program focused on Electrical and Computer Engineering
- GPA of 3.0/4.0 or better
- Experience with digital/analog circuit, microcontrollers and embedded programming
- Experience with high level programming languages and IDE
- Hands-on experience with soldering and circuit testing
- Work independently as well as strong teamwork, interpersonal and communication skills
- High level of skill in decision making, problem solving and analytics
- Integrity, accuracy, dependability, enthusiasm and confidentiality
- No travel is required for the position
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Aptitude and passion for digital and firmware design
- Knowledge with LabView and/or Mathlab
- Experience with Raspberry PI or Arduino
- PCB design experience
- Knowledge of asynchronous communication protocols
- Programming ability for test automation
- Familiarity with engineering tools and test equipment