Business Unit: Wind Power and Renewables
Requisition Number: 232772
Primary Location: United States-Oklahoma-Enid
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 25%
About Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy
With a worldwide installed capacity of 75 GW, Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy has a presence in more than 90 countries and a team of 27,000 employees worldwide. Its end-to-end value chain presence encompasses onshore and offshores wind turbines design, manufacturing, installation as well as cutting-edge service solutions. The global headquarters and legal domicile of the company is located in Zamudio, Spain. The company is listed on the Spanish stock exchange.
The Field Service Technician performs planned and unplanned maintenance including troubleshooting and replacement of parts if necessary in a safe and professional manner on Wind Turbines. Detailed records and parts used must be completed for all work performed. Technicians report to site management and communicate needs and or safety issues that arise. Perform first class work on preventive maintenances to be completed on time and right the first time.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Ability to analyze and resolve problems independently and efficiently
Provide excellent service to our customers. Work in stressful, dangerous situations, and participate in the development of new field procedures and best practices
Flexible travel schedule up to 25% travel
Actively work on wind power projects
Complete and maintain required and accurate documentation and records
Flexibility to work outside planned hours, including nights and weekends as needed and on-call
Work in varying temperature conditions, and adverse weather conditions
Must have 1 year of Wind Technician experience or 6 months in a related program paired with 6 months on a wind site
· Physically and mentally able to work suspended from heights and in confined spaces
· Climb Wind towers (up to 300 feet) multiple times and at times without climbing aids or lifts
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Must meet body weight restrictions of 265 lbs. or less as required by the equipment safety
· Must pass a physical administered by a medical examiner to ensure ability to safely perform the job functions and meet the physical demands of the position. Must have clean driving record and pass pre-hire drug screening.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Certification from a Renewable Energy or Wind Technical Program
· Hands on work experience as a Field Service Technician at a Wind Power site