Head of IT - Siemens Financial Services
Business Unit: Information Technology
Requisition Number: 232775
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Iselin
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Master's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Company. Leveraging its financing expertise and industrial know-how creates value for customers and helps them strengthen their competitiveness.
Are you a high performing, innovative and disruptive thinking IT Professional with a deep understand of the Financial Services industry? Join Us! This IT department is responsible end-to-end for all kind of IT Services with the strong focus on financial service related application. IT includes defining the specific IT strategy and tactical measures while implementing the respective IT projects and services for the assigned customers in Siemens' Financing Division in North America.
- Manage IT consulting, IT demand management, IT delivery and IT projects based for Siemens Financial Services in North America. Manage the relationship and serve as the interface between the business and the IT functions on a local basis.
- Develop a coherent IT applications strategy for and identify synergies within the country in line SFS IT strategy. Facilitate and drive innovations and digitalization initiatives
- Develops team members and roadmaps and manage portfolio of services, applications and projects in alignment with the business and the IT strategy to maximize business value.
- Manage business initiated IT projects from initial demand to closure, as evidenced by successful product delivery and transfer to global service operation. Support all IT projects in the area of testing, change management and go live preparation.
- Manage and deliver IT services and applications provided as part of global IT delivery teams or in local IT delivery. Includes Information Security improvements for local delivery.
- Identify opportunities for consolidation and optimization, e.g. by reusing global application services offered in the global center of competences.
- Develops the IT budget according to business and IT strategy with respective prioritization led by business and in alignment with IT teams.
- Full understanding of P&L management and all aspects of financial implications of managing a diverse IT function
- Full understanding of current and future of IT trends, digitalization initiatives and architectures in the market place, applying technology as appropriate to the business need. need
- Full understanding of ITIL and keeping abreast of development therein.
- Project Management methodologies
- Software development and application lifecycle management
- Ability to negotiate and deliver complex contract and supplier based agreements
- Full understanding of demand management, portfolio management and user engagement methodologies.
- Minimum 10+ years of experience with 3-5 years experience of management of complex business critical IT applications and environment, as well as in IT Service Management.
- Experience in Financial Services business and regulative requirements.
- A people and process oriented leader who is able to motivate and manage across geographical and cultural boundaries
- Disruptive thinking and highly innovate leader who reflects upcoming change so of the financial industries and drives digitalization initiatives
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and ability to influence throughout the organisation in order to promote and deliver the IT strategic plan. Willingness to travel several times international p.a.