Sr Product Engineer
Business Unit: Laboratory Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 232781
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Flanders
Assignment Category: Full-time temporary
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthcare
Provides solutions to complex manufacturing process problems with limited direction, working in a cross functional environment. This position s
· Evaluates designs and proposes revisions to improve manufacturability.
· Evaluate the manufacturing processes for opportunities in productivity gains
· Identify manufacturing issues (design/process/component) and drive resolution by participating on cross-functional or project teams.
· Research and resolve electro-mechanical, production assembly and/or test issues in a timely manner.
· Guide and mentor junior level engineers and engineering technicians.
· Define critical processes, develop assembly and test procedures, train production personnel, and verify effectiveness of process and training
· Design, develop and validate test fixtures to be used in-house and at vendor sites
· Supports cross functional teams in a collaborative environment
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Strong background in medical device manufacturing with focus on clinical chemistry and immunoassay processing is required.
· BS Engineering Discipline (Mechanical, Industrial, Electrical or Biomedical preferred) required
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Demonstrated success working with Supplier Quality and Procurement towards manufacturing line stoppage resolution
· FDA/ISO/Med Device experience required
· Minimum of 5-8 years manufacturing experience in a medical device field.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Supplier development
· Design for Manufacturing and Assembly (DFMA)
· 6 Sigma or associated Lean methodologies
· Experience working in or collaborating with Clinical Laboratory environments.