The Global Mobility Consultant is part of the Global Mobility Services Center Americas (GMSC Americas) organization. The consultant role is an integral part of the organization and overall Global Mobility process. The consultant partners with the Americas divisions on external/internal Siemens projects (offers/orders) by applying complex cross border optimization strategies that ensure compliant deployment without compromising the business interest. The consultant provides consulting services to various roles in the Siemens Americas organization (e.g. sales, project management, HR) in all Siemens divisions and closely collaborates with each Corporate Tax Function of the Americas countries. The consultant role focuses on ensuring compliance with internal as well as external compliance regulations such as individual taxation, immigration, social security on a project level as well as the individual level. Bilingual in Spanish is a must.
Essential Job Functions:
· Consults on semi-complex cross border and local legislation that enables the management of the mobile workforce, Siemens initiatives, and programs in the International Mobility arena.
· Responds and identifies solutions to semi-complex inquiries related to internal and external compliance measures for the mobile workforce.
· Conducts the ongoing maintenance, development, and implementation of complex HR and Company policies, procedures, and other guidelines in the Global Mobility area.
· Advises Siemens employee and manager understanding and compliance with complex HR policies and guidelines in the Global Mobility area considering legal parameters.
· Independently performs and applies skills to resolve complex problems not covered by existing procedures or practices.
· Displays level of critical thinking in bringing successful resolution to high-impact, complex, and/or cross-functional problems surrounding the Global Mobility area.
· Consults on deployment options for commercial projects.
· Ensures proper timely escalation management.
· Coordinates high level advisory of difficult cases/topics for customers and internal stakeholders.
· Individual project consulting on personal and corporate income tax (permanent establishments, double tax treaties, economic employer concept etc.).
· Coordinates and advises on immigration requirements, shadow payroll, and social security (outbound and inbound).
· Liaise with the Corporate Taxes Department (new collaboration models, PATAC (Siemens specific tool), PM@Siemens
, transfer pricing).
· Calculate delegation allowances/benefits related to the project (e.g. hardship allowance, housing concept, transportation concept) and other Corporate Departments
· Independently prepares and conducts complex trainings on project consulting to concerned stakeholders.
· Evaluates new concepts/ process changes/ internal regulations of other departments that are in dependency with project delegations.
· Consistently demonstrates ownership as well as leadership and role model qualities.
· Maintains knowledge of Siemens Global Mobility Programs incl. local programs (e.g. Foreign Local Hire, Domestic Relocation, Internship Program)
· Support Mergers & Acquisition activities in respect to in-country specific processes and requirements.
· Organize and manage day-to-day workload to include responding to customers and employee inquiries within 24 – 48 hours of receipt.
· Consistently achieves exceptional customer satisfaction.
• Comprehensive expert knowledge of global mobility procedures and processes.
• Excellent interpersonal skills; a passion for customer service; flexibility; innovation; high-energy self-starter who brings the utmost level of integrity to the company.
• Demonstrates significant knowledge of organization's business practices and issues faced and contributes to problem resolution of those issues.
• Ability to adapt to changing and fast-paced business environment.
• Process-improvement and business-orientation.
• Ability to utilize and maintain IT systems.
• Superb organizational skills.
• Excellent presentation skills.
• Sensitivity to intercultural issues.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Team player and excellent customer service orientation.
• Natural 'change agent' who will have a passion for accomplishing FSS's (Functional Shared Services) organizational mission.
• Instinctively understands and focuses on value creation within respective role while consistently demonstrating a commitment to excellence in building successful business partnerships.
Education / Experience:
· BS/BA in related discipline
· 2-5 years’ experience in Global Mobility industry or related HR field.
· Ability to speak, read and write in Spanish is required.
· Highly proficient technical skills in MS Office 2010.
· International experiences a plus.