Applications Engineer - Fire & Security - Hartford, CT
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 232793
Primary Location: United States-Connecticut-Cromwell
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 5%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens Building Technologies is growing! We are currently
looking for an experienced Sales Applications Engineer to support our Fire
Alarm & Security Solutions Sales Group located in Cromwell, CT. The primary
responsibility of the Sales Applications Engineer is to complete sales
estimates and engineer complex systems for the sales team including project
take-offs, specification interpretation and associated activities. The
right candidate will work well in a fast paced deadline driven environment, be
able to multi-task, and excel as a sales team member.
Additional Responsibilities Include:
• Accurately estimates labor and material job costs and provides technical support and advice to Sales and Operations teams.
• Acts as external liaison working with clients maintaining high level of customer satisfaction.
• Develops and maintains engineering design and pricing resources for field sales teams.
• Partners with sales executives, operations and project managers, completes site walk throughs to determine specific client needs and ensure project requirements are met including safety standards.
• Assists sales by providing project labor and equipment costs, counts, ensuring part number accuracy.
• Values projects by product and installation and creates scope documents (prime to subcontractors and vice versa) using quote software.
• Provides operational and troubleshooting advice as needed.
• Provides subcontractor bid packages & assistance by evaluating customer site system requirements and accurate job estimates.
• Researches and develops alternative, improved solutions when possible.
• Maintains all job folders.
• Act as external liaison for owners, general contractors, sub contractors and trades people as needed.
• Facilitates project closure turnover meetings between assigned sales and operations employees.
• Works with vendors to design and price systems.
• Stays abreast of and educate others on new product information
• Attends pre-bid meetings and site walk-throughs to develop deeper customer and project understanding
• Develops and maintains resources for sales and operations team
including technical library, cut sheets, manuals and vendor product
• Assists in establishing pricing including verification of subcontractor/vendor costs.
• Represents Siemens to community, professional and governmental groups including interaction with federal, state and local officials and professional organization representatives.
• Organizes vendor partner branch meetings to discuss new product lines and enhancements with sales team.
• Maintains and increases technical knowledge and competence in company products, applications and services
- Bachelors or Associates Degree in Electronics, Engineering Technology preferred, however a combination of education (H.S. Diploma or GED Equivalency at minimum required) and experience will also be considered.
- 4 to 5 years technical background in project development, installation and project management administration.
- Thorough knowledge of and ability to train others on product applications.
- Strong organization, project management and communication skills and ability to make professional presentations. Must have experience using an Estimating/Quoting system
- Must be able to read plans/specs
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel and Power Point. Senior: Expert knowledge and broad engineering understanding of security products and services.
- Must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing and be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an awesome career opportunity, we offer:
• A competitive base salary
• Very good health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, and life insurance
• Extensive sales and product training, along with career development
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with opportunities to make top money. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens they rarely leave as shown in our low turnover rate. Come advance your career with Siemens!