Business Unit: Dresser-Rand
Requisition Number: 232812
Primary Location: United States-New York-Olean
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Other
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Siemens sets the standard for excellence in power generation, transmission and distribution, and provides innovative customer solutions – from utilities, to industrial space, to oil and gas companies. Siemens’ portfolio includes power plants and power-generating equipment, turbines for use as mechanical drives, compressors for industrial applications, power transmission and distribution systems, smart grid applications, and
related instrumentation and control systems.
For more information, please visit:
- Analyze circuits, wiring diagrams, and drawings to install, repair adjust, calibrate, construct, modify and service electrical and electronic equipment.
- Locate source of trouble in any type of electrical or electronic equipment by tracing and testing circuits.
- Dismantle, inspect, adjust, repair or replace faulty parts on motors, controllers, relay and control equipment, switches, circuit breakers, transformers, brakes, panel boards, resistance banks, etc.
- Operates threading and bending equipment to perform conduit work.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- 2 year technical degree in electronics and 2 years of industrial electronics experience, or 5 years industrial electronics experience with an electronics certificate, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Thorough knowledge of electrical and electronic principles, wiring specification codes, properties of materials, principles of operation and application of equipment.
- Must be able to pass written Maintenance Electrician test
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds and be able to climb and work at heights in excess of thirty (30) feet on a regular basis daily.
- Must be able to work in restricted spaces.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Experience with computer numerical controlled equipment a plus.