Intern Student - Engineering
Business Unit: Laboratory Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 232854
Primary Location: United States-Delaware-Newark
Assignment Category: Full-time temporary
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
Seeking an Engineering Intern to help release and maintain engineering BoM’s for new products throughout the lifecycle of the instrument including planning for release of BoM’s to manufacturing. In this role, the Engineering Intern will be working with the Configuration Engineer to assist with maintaining control of the product. This position reports to the Sr. Engineering Manager of Configuration and Release Engineering.
· Work with Con figuration Engineer to establish and maintain product data structures in PLM tools
· Work with Con figuration Engineer to establish and maintain engineering BoM’s for product design work package deployment
· Work with Con figuration Engineer to plan for configurations during both development (engineering prototypes) and commercialization
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Matriculated in a Bachelor’s Degree program in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline
· Has completed a course in CAD (Solidworks, NX, etc.)