Fire Service Technician
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 232876
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Morrisville
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 5%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
- Position Overview
- Field Service Technician: Coordinates, manages implements and/or performs service for new equipment installation, equipment, or repairs for Commercial Fire & Life Safety Systems.
- Provides technical service to customer Fire Safety systems including technical support during the installation and commissioning of new or expanded systems.
- Coordinates with contractors in the process of installation of systems sold by a branch office. Performs system commissioning on systems including loading software programs and implementing modifications as necessary.
- Conducts testing and inspects systems under maintenance agreements. Responds and carries out to completion any troubleshooting and repairs to assigned customer systems. Ensures company-owned test equipment and installation equipment is in proper working order.
- Returns equipment in need of repair or calibration to the office in a timely manner. Identifies code issues and non-conformance issues. Makes recommendations regarding both systems installations and service contract facilities.
- Reports daily on activities completed, deferred, requiring further action or material.
- Participates in On-Call assignments/ schedules as required.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
- A.S. degree in Electronics or related field, or equivalent experience in the installation and maintenance of low voltage electronic systems.
- Up to 1 year in the installation and maintenance of Fire Safety Products.
- NICET Certification Requirements. (National Institute for Certification in Engineering Technology) Level II Fire Alarm Certification Within 24 months State or local fire alarm planner or contractor license as required by state regulations within 24 months.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Good verbal and written communications skills.
- Skilled in the PC applications and in the use of word processing and spreadsheet programs.
- Ability to lift seventy-five (75) pounds unassisted.
- Individual must possess a valid Driver’s license in good standing
- Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.