Fire Service Technician
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 232881
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Winter Park
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 10%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
Reporting to the Service Operations Supervisor, this position provides technical service to customer Fire Safety systems. This position is crucial to the success of our service operations team, providing support in a variety of ways to ensure that our customers’ systems provide a safe environment in their buildings.
· Conducts testing and inspects systems to include visual and functional testing on fire detection systems and field devices in accordance with all national (NFPA) and local (AHJ) standards.
· Provides complete, accurate, and timely documentation for inspections and repairs.
· Responds and carries out to completion any troubleshooting and repairs to assigned customer systems.
· Ensures company-owned test equipment and installation equipment is in proper working order.
· Returns equipment in need of repair or calibration to the office in a timely manner. Identifies code issues and nonconformance issues.
· Makes recommendations regarding both systems installations and service contract facilities.
· Reports daily on activities completed, deferred, requiring further action or material. Participates in On-Call assignments/ schedules as required.
· Must be able to work overtime, including weekends and holidays as well as alternative shifts or work nights when required.
· Must have excellent communications skills (written and verbal) in English, using tact and diplomacy when dealing with customers.
· Acts as a mentor and provides on-the-job training to lower level Field Service Technicians and Inspectors as assigned.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Required education: High School Diploma, state-recognized GED, or state-recognized high school proficiency exam.
· Required experience: Demonstrable ability to be successful in this role based on formal training in or experience with electro-mechanical systems.
· Required travel: 10%
· A.S. degree in Electronics or related field, or equivalent experience in the installation and maintenance of low voltage electronic systems.
· 5+ years in the installation and maintenance of Fire Safety products.
· NICET II Fire Alarm Certification required
· Strong customer service skills. Good verbal and written communications skills.
· Skilled in the PC applications and in the use of word processing and spreadsheet programs.
· Ability to work in the U.S. without a need for current or future sponsorship.
· Must have valid state driver’s license and must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan