Low Voltage Winder
Business Unit: Distribution Transformer
Requisition Number: 232885
Primary Location: United States-Mississippi-Richland
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business
opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services. With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, and
intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele.
For more information, please visit:
- Sets up and operates all winding lathes and verifies that all drawings and materials are correct prior to set up
- Obtains required drawings, written and/or verbal instructions
- Installs conductor and roll insulation on machines using correct molds, adaptor pads, stick alignment fixtures per job specifications
- Sets controls, keep-back guides, cold weld limit switches, electrically controlled brake pressures and aligns machine components per printed work instructions where applicable
- Assembles winding mold and places in lathe for TV – HV coils and assembles mold to HV2 coils and assembles to the winding lathe
- Removes finished coils from the lathe and dis-assembles and removes the mold from the coil
- Upon completion of coil (all types), checks required dimensions/parameters according to process control checklist (PICL) and signs it as verification of quality check
- Handles, moves, rigs coils and materials for safe transfer to machines for further processing and staging locations through use of overhead crane, hand truck, carts and slings
- For computer controlled machines, the Low Voltage Winder (LVW) types/enters information via a keyboard and/or control panel to call up/verify specific coil winding programs, changes machine control parameters and follows displayed and printed instructions as the coil is being wound. Manual operation (not computer program controlled – but computer assisted) is controlled by the operator via switch settings and foot pedal controls is also included
- The LVW winds the prescribed number of conductor and paper insulation turns and layers and secures the specified insulation at designated locations in and on each coil
- As specified, uses resistance brazer or oxygen/acetylene torch to join, splice and burn off varnish from leads
- Appropriately verifies on the applicable document(s) (to include: routing/process inspection checklist) that all quality requirements have been met by signing documents as required.
- Must daily keep all equipment and work areas clean and orderly, consistent with good housekeeping practices
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Works under general direction of supervisor.
- Must be able to set up and operate machinery, power tools, hand tools and related devices to include: measuring devices and common hand tools.
- Must be capable of using basic math, read and understand written instructions (to include engineering instructions), and basic written and oral communication skills must be exhibited, as well as attention to detail.
- Basic computer skills are required (windows, Microsoft Office, etc). Frequent lifting and movement of materials and components as required.
- Must be capable of working in a typical industrial work environment.