Engineering Specialist - Ships Technologies - Building Technologies - Miramar, FL
Business Unit: Region Americas
Requisition Number: 232887
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Miramar
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 60%
For more information, please visit:
- Provides expertise and knowledge throughout the system or service project lifecycle. Duties include: estimating, designing, tracking, start up and commissioning jobs of larger revenue and/or multiple projects requiring greater planning and technical expertise than the next lower level position.
- Attends pre-booking and sales to operations turnover meetings to evaluate the accuracy of sales estimate and job layout. Reviews plans, specifications, and contract to determine project requirements.
- Designs, plans, and handles start-up functions on selected control systems based on project plans, specifications, and contract documents.
- Prepares submittals containing schematics, descriptions and technical literature for the approval of the owner's representative or as required. Obtains submittal approval and prepares as built drawings.
- Troubleshoots possible issues including identifying and debugging software, electrical or pneumatic and installation problems.
- Selects product sizes, types, and location placement to ensure products meet specification requirements.
- Prepares database and job related programming for computer-based systems. Prepares and justifies engineering re-estimate reports.
- Provides on-site assistance with or performs the installation and start-up, checkout and turnover process.
- Organizes and maintains the job folder and updates pertinent job related information.
- Participates in job site final walk-through on assigned jobs and completes all job closeout documentation.
- Acts as a technical resource to existing customers and field employees as needed.
- Coordinates work with subcontractors.
- Perform service visits for HVAC and data analytic systems on board Marine vessels
- HS diploma or equivalent required
- Certification in some form of programming (preferably Siemens PX or S7 PLCs)
- Basic understanding of HVAC mechanical systems
- Solid electrical skills
- Ability to read and follow electrical drawings is a must
- Generally, 5+ years of successful experience in area of responsibility and successful demonstration of key responsibilities and knowledge as presented above
- Previous Automation or DDC Controls experience
- Must be knowledgeable with MS Word and Excel
- Must have AutoCAD experience
- 60% travel expected. Will include international travel.