Graphics Designer I
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 232891
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Houston
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
The Draftsman / Graphic Designer is an office based position is responsible for the development of system control diagrams, building floor layouts and monitoring graphics for Siemens Building Automation Systems. Position is accountable for completing designs within the budgeted engineering labor, at a high customer satisfaction rate, while following standards set by the Siemens Area Graphic Designers across North America. Position reports to the Engineering Supervisor.
• Complete all graphics design/development within the budgeted engineering labor hours.
• Design visually appealing, dynamic, easy to use, and modern looking graphic solutions for building operators.
• Complete review and understanding of design support which includes logging & tracking projects and status. Support delivery of graphics to the jobsite to meet completion schedules.
• Must be able to multi-task to work on more than one design project at a time
• Maintain a personal utilization of >80%: Accurately record the proper use of graphic types, quantities, and network numbers when charging time to projects.
• Support / Achieve high Customer Satisfaction: Identify quality control issues and notify project manager and engineering manager in a timely manner.
• Maintain consistent response time and follow up with each assigned project managers. Ensure accurate and timely graphic design deliverables.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• High School Diploma or GED
• Understanding of drawing applications such as: ACAD, Photoshop, Paint, Illustrator, or equivalent.
• Some travel required for training or annual meetings, not to exceed 10% of the time
• Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Associate’s degree or 1-2 years of vocational technical training preferred
• 2 years of experience with building automation systems
• AutoCAD Experience