Sr Project Manager
Business Unit: Customer Services
Requisition Number: 232894
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Wendell
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 40%
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/energy-management.htm
EM CS Overview
Siemens Energy Management - Customer Services (CS) covers a comprehensive end-end service portfolio including packaging turnkey installation and commissioning, repair, refurbishment of all OEM and non-OEM Transmission & Distribution assets including but not limited to medium and large power transformers, high voltage circuit breakers, medium and low voltage switchgear and breakers, motor control centers, and protection and control systems in all market verticals.
The Project Manager III is responsible for the successful execution of project goals, which include cost, schedule, quality, and technology for the life cycle of the project and across the project portfolio. This senior level PM position is responsible for the largest and most complex electrical installation projects, for the EM Customer Services PMO. These key projects play a pivotal role in the overall business unit performance.
This position will be the direct customer operational interface into a wide range of Siemens entities, that supply and support many electrical technologies. A successful candidate will have experience managing contracted vendors, providing direction to field service personnel, and coordinating factory operations.
This position reports directly to the PMO manager, but will have performance reporting responsibility to many team leaders in the overall Siemens Energy Management division.
• Manage all phases of projects from inception through completion, and be financially responsible to overall project performance
• Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents, to be utilized between customer and Siemens stakeholders
• Establish milestones and monitor adherence to master plans and schedules.
• Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion
• Liaise with service, sales, marketing, and engineering resources as part of an overall core customer centric project focus
• Provide project revenue and profit forecasts as part of regular project status updates
• Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals
• Lead service and hardware procurement efforts, to support project scope of work
• Utilize project management software tools to generate schedules, forecasts, service bandwidth loading, and earned values throughout project performance period
• Provide regular updates to team, management, and PMO on work performed, plans, budget, and overall status
• Support the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budgets, and financial terms/conditions of contract
• Provide direction to the Project Engineer(s), in support of design review and submittal to project stakeholders
• Perform lessons learned activities, upon project closure
• Develop and implement Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s).
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or similar technical discipline from an accredited university or college
• Large electrical installation project management experience of 5 years, or more, and significant experience in projects with operating budgets >$2 million
• PMP (Project Management Professional) certification with advanced knowledge of project management processes & tools
• Ability to demonstrate leadership skills and proven track record of collaborating with multi-disciplinary teams, including program management, services, engineering, operations, and logistics
• Proven experience in managing subcontractors and/or field service personnel
• Proven experience in risk management
• Proven experience in developing and managing project communication plans
• Proven experience in project commercial reporting
• Proven experience in project closure and handover processes
Travel may be up to 40%, and may include international travel.
Applicant must be a US citizen, and have a valid US passport.