Senior Test Engineer - Intelligent Traffic Systems
Business Unit: Intelligent Traffic Systems
Requisition Number: 232895
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Austin
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Sharing the road takes on new meaning as the future of mobility gets closer every day. It’s no longer just cars making room for bicycles. Privately owned cars will often yield to autonomous vehicles as cities become smarter. Public transit options will become the method of choice thanks to micro transit solutions that connect far-flung neighborhoods to convenient and safe city-run transportation networks. Technology-enabled solutions like these will be welcomed by a world where the urban population is expected to exceed 70% of the total population by 2050 and car congestion could grow dramatically if left unimpeded. Fortunately, intelligent transportation solutions are being developed today that will help reduce congestion, lead to 30,000 fewer deaths in traffic accidents on U.S. highways, and help curb pollution around the world tomorrow.
Seamless mobility is the future of transportation, and Siemens is leading the way. Our approach to urban transportation combines existing infrastructure with forward-looking, application-driven technology that begins meeting tomorrow’s needs today. We help make cities smarter by providing a path to a tailor-made transportation ecosystem that is more digital, connected, and integrated. Cities already appreciate the way that our solutions make the most effective use of both their roadways and their fleets while reducing costs, noise, and greenhouse gas emissions. Soon, users will enjoy public transportation that is faster, more flexible, more reliable, safer, and affordable. The result is an intermodal mobility ecosystem that dramatically reduces congestion, increases safety, improves accessibility, and reduces costs for cities and riders alike.
As a Senior Test Engineer at Siemens Intelligent Traffic Systems (ITS), you will be responsible for shaping the future by leading an R&D team in the domain of embedded systems that support our nation’s infrastructure. These systems support connected devices and vehicles (e.g. traffic controllers, road side units, UPS, detectors, etc.) while supporting the complex decision-making tasks to control and optimize traffic in metropolitan areas.
You will be part of a team that is dedicated to supporting these systems and bringing the most innovative and highest quality products to meet that market needs. You will have the opportunity to build your experience in the ITS market, while developing leading edge solutions at the same time – while working to protect drivers, pedestrians, cyclists and improve travel times.
At Siemens, we make life better for people, and at Siemens ITS we positively impact the quality of life of millions of American drivers daily by making traffic flow safely and efficiently.
- Developing and performing the test plans, test cases, and test scenarios to fully exercise the capabilities of our systems
- Supporting the development of new automated test infrastructure to further ensure quality
- Exhibit the personality of one who desires to be part of the leadership in a dynamic AGILE team in a highly collaborative environment
- Participating in the planning, estimating, and executing of work packages within the framework of a modern iterative software development and testing process
- Participating in reviewing customers' standards, specifications and other documentation and development specifications to determine the necessary testing requirements
Required Education, Skills, and Experience:
- Demonstrable background in Test Engineering
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of C++, HTML, XML, and XSL technologies
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of OOD (object-oriented design)
- BS/BA in a related discipline, or advanced degree. Typically, 2+ years of successful experience in related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above. Advanced degree MAY be substituted for experience, where applicable.
- Strong Analytical skills
- Strong communication skills to function within an AGILE team setting, fostering collaboration with developers, testers, and stakeholders. As well as communication with the customer to understand his needs
Preferred Education, Skills, and Experience:
- 5-8 Years in experience
- 1-2 years in a development role (EE or CS)
- Experience developing automated test scenarios, using UFT or similar
- Experience in integration testing
- Strong attention to detail, an ability to multitask as well as the ability to work both independently as well as with a team.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, vision, and dental plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short, and Long-Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.