Lab Solutions Specialist
Business Unit: Laboratory Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 232899
Primary Location: United States-Missouri-St. Louis
Other Locations: United States-Illinois-Chicago, United States-Missouri-Kansas City
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 80%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthineers
We are seeking candidates residing in the St. Louis, Kansas City and Chicago
This position will be responsible for Protecting and Growing our Chemistry and Immunoassay (IA) business in large accounts, primarily with our automation and information technology initiatives. In this position, the candidate will communicate and position the key buying drivers for the larger IDN/ACO/multi-site customers and positively contribute to the Healthcare Reform impacts on this specific market. This position will also be responsible for the entire end-to-end IT & Automation project for the customer. This includes strategic selling, project planning through implementation, go-live activities and post implementation customer business reviews.
In this position the candidate will work collaboratively with a team of Account Managers, Sales Specialists (Chemistry/Cardiac, Hematology/Hemostasis), IDN managers and Strategic Account Managers to ensure the customers’ needs and expectations are centered in the overall value proposition.
• Develop sales initiatives to protect and grow our Chemistry and IA business
• Develop and implement plans for strategic automation accounts
• Build long term relationships with key management within customer accounts
• Develop forecasts, budgets and operating plans for sales channels
• Coordinate team activities while minimizing sales and marketing costs and maximizing sales
• Lead team reviews and updates of account plan based on changing market, customer conditions and competitive activity
• Drive the sales cycle within the sales team to capture and close opportunities with a sense of urgency
• Provide customer presentations articulating the value proposition of the proposed product/solution/service offerings
• Own the process for workflow engagements, site visits and VIPS
• A minimum of 60% travel is required throughout assigned territory
• Has an expert-level ability to present the workflow advantages of the total Siemens solution (automation, IT, analytical systems & assays) to the large IDN/ACO/multi-site customer
• Effectively articulate the buying drivers of the large IDN/ACO/multi-site customer, as well as the effects of Healthcare Reform on this market segment
• Demonstrate ability in field-level financial acumen
• Will serve as the end-to-end project leader for multi-site automation engagements, from strategic planning through installation, implementation and post “go-live” customer business review
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Successful candidate must have 5 or more years of field sales experience selling in a medical field.
Education: Minimum of BA/BS degree in medical
health sciences (Medical Technology, biology, clinical Chemistry, etc.) or in
business or marketing
• 5+ years of field sales experience with proven track record in medical capital equipment sales
• Excellent and demonstrated skills in accountability and customer communications
• Excellent and demonstrated skills in interpersonal communications
• Excellent and demonstrated presentation skills
• Excellent and demonstrated skills in MS software applications
• Excellent multi-tasking, listening and attention to detail skills are essential
• Excellent teamwork and territory management skills are critical
• Requires a clean driving record over the last 3 years.
Laboratory automation capital equipment in an executive-level customer base and a proven track record in capital sales. Candidate must demonstrate in-depth knowledge of Siemens and competitive laboratory automation and laboratory information technologies.