Automation Controls Engineering Manager - Flexible Location
Business Unit: Factory Automation
Requisition Number: 232911
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Norcross
Other Locations: United States-Massachusetts-Boston, United States-Illinois-Chicago, United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House, United States-Michigan-Troy
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 40%
For more information, please visit:
The Technology Engineering Support Manager leads a national team in providing engineering support for the core Factory Automation products and technologies. This position reports to the Director of Engineering Support.
The successful candidate will be a results oriented leader and will coordinate closely with other Siemens business units, as well as being closely aligned with other Factory Automation groups, Siemens Sales, and our network of channel, solution, and 3rd party partners located throughout the U.S to provide best in class engineering support.
The scope is mapped to the national coverage of the U.S market and collaboration with the global headquarters. The successful candidate will have technical experience in Totally Integrated Automation plus exceptional communication and execution skills paired with exceptional organizational skills and business acumen to achieve goals on time.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a strong team providing the best end to end industrial automation solutions in the market. Siemens is leading the charge in providing innovative solutions to bolster the manufacturing renaissance in the US.
• Leads a team of system engineers which focus on providing deeper technical expertise on systems based on the core automation system technologies
• Effectively collaborates with the business development organization(s) as well as within the Engineering Support team to support strategic opportunities
• Coordinates the technical leads for launching a new product/technology, beta testing, pilot phases, train-the-trainer and is the central point of contact for System Support HQ.
• Coordinates with Product Marketing in the development of knowledge transfer events for Siemens internal resources and Channel Partners to increase our technical competency
• Manages internal and employee processes including goal setting, monitoring, and reviews
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience with >10 years of experience in an engineering role
• Ability to lead and provide functional area guidance and expertise to the broader team
• Planning and proven strategy development and execution
• Prior management experience, including goal setting, monitoring, reviews, and coaching experience is a plus
• Solid knowledge of automation, networking, motion, and drive technology
• Proficient knowledge and experience in Microsoft Office products, especially Excel (e.g. Pivot Tables), Word, and Power Point
• Excellent communication skills including written, verbal, and presentation
• Up to 40% national travel required
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Technical degree in engineering or computer science
• Certification in Project Management from Project Management Institute (PMI), International Project Management Association (IPMA) or equivalent international body
• Action Oriented: Enjoys working hard and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging. Not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning and seizes more opportunity than others. Can rally the organization behind the right opportunities and initiatives
• Strategic Agility: Is future oriented. Has broad knowledge and perspective. Can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans. Strong in influencing without control
• Perseverance: Pursues everything with energy, drive and need to finish. Seldom gives up before finishing, in face of resistance and setbacks
• Business acumen: Knows how business works and is aware how the strategies and tactics work in the marketplace. Knowledgeable in current and possible future practices, trends and information affecting the business
• Organizational Agility: Knows how to get things done through formal and informal networks. Understands the culture of the organization. Is able to work effectively in a matrix structure to exploit opportunities
• Customer Focus: Intense customer focus and uses customer information for improvement in products and services