Sales Specialist (Factory Automation)
Business Unit: Factory Automation
Requisition Number: 232922
Primary Location: United States-Connecticut-Middletown
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 60%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/digital-factory.htm
Siemens Sales Specialist (Factory Automation)
Sales Specialist in the New England area who has a proven track record in consulting or selling factory automation systems! The person who attains this position will be joining one of the best marketing teams at Siemens. This position has much room for advancement and exposure to top management at Siemens. The overall requirements of the position are:
· This position is an integral part of the Siemens Industry Field Marketing team for Factory Automation Business Unit. As a Sale Specialist your ultimate responsibility is to grow Siemens Factory Automation business in the New England Sales Area.
· As a Sales Specialist you will work directly with the SII sale team and its distribution partner’s customers to consult on automation solutions, and provide value add business unit support to close and win business.
· The Sales Specialist will report to the Siemens Digital Factory, Factory Automation Systems Business Unit and will report directly to the Regional Marketing Development Manager for the North Region.
The Sales Specialist will need to support multiple areas in this job function which includes Siemens factory automation consultation, customer presentations, provide value added business support, training for sales and channel partners. The Sales Specialist will also provide critical market intelligence back to the Business Unit. Some of the key roles and responsibilities are:
· Business developer for specific geography aligned with the Area Sales Manager
· Works with the Area Sales Manager to drive local Factory Automation (FA) sales strategy and growth
· Works with account managers and channel partners at identified large target accounts to drive conversions and allow Siemens Factory Automation product to be approved products for use.
· Product specialist with a detailed knowledge in FA portfolio providing comprehensive assistance in key sales situations
· Keeps abreast of current market trends including competitors
· Help find and support new solution partners to drive our business
· Works in a team environment with other FA field resources (AEs/Promoters) to convert large opportunities in the market
· Drive mindshare with our sales team, channel and vertical sales team
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
The person must have excellent relationship building and communication skills. They must have a deep understanding of factory automation systems (PLCs, HMIs, SCADA, Industrial Computers, Fieldbus Networks, and Industrial Software), and a superb ability to present them in a small or large group settings. The person must be task oriented with exceptional time management skills. The candidate must be a team player, but also have the ability to manage a team. This person must be self-motivated and proactive enough keep a focus on the regional marketing plan. The skills, experience and education required are:
· Measurable track record of success in external sales/business development
· Ability to excel within a developmental top-down, solution selling model
· Solid leadership skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication/presentation skills.
· Three or more years of consultative sales experience, with proven sales results
· Organization skills to manage schedule and travel in the territory
· Computer proficiency - knowledge of MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
· 8+ years’ experience in Automation Industry
· Must have had a minimum of 8 years sales/marketing experience and knowledge of PLC, HMI and networking architectures.
· Knowledge of New England automation market and its customers
· Experience with supporting Sales & Distribution
· Education: BS/BA Electrical Engineering preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
The key attributes we are looking for in this position, but not required to be considered for this position are:
· Worked 10 + years as factory automation business development
· Have excellent knowledge of the Siemens Automation products
· Has proven track record of presentation abilities
· Has strong knowledge of competitions products