Engineering Services Engineer
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management-PLM
Requisition Number: 232940
Primary Location: United States-California-Cypress
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit:
We are seeking an Engineering Services Engineer to join the team. The Engineering Services Engineer Executes and manages large size, complex projects for customers.
• Execution of noise, vibration and functional performance related testing and "hybrid" analysis projects/tasks from kickoff, planning to completion
• Focus on test based projects for electric vehicles
• Development of execution plan
• Hands-on instrumentation and data acquisition setup (acceleration, strain, displacement, force)
• Execution of measurement tasks and/or post-processing tasks
• Solution development and structural improvement recommendations
• Projects performed at customer site and/or LMS facilities
• Uses specific engineering tools that span across engineering disciplines to
facilitate project execution. Interfaces with mid-level customers, engineers, and managers to provide technical guidance and technology transfer in the application of design techniques and system procedures related to functional engineering.
• Solves customer issues in the field of functional engineering and suggest process improvements to the customer
• Cogently communicates software problems to product development.
• Assists other engineers in the usage of application programs on multiple software products and hardware platforms.
• Provides business and technical feedback to business development and project management teams.
• Responsible for in-depth technical papers and presentations to customer management.
• Is responsible for project profitability. Well skilled with broad proficiency.
• Works with minimal supervision on complex projects with latitude for independent judgment and discretion.
Project management of assigned projects/tasks:
• Project/task planning in accordance with existing proposal/contract/specification: technical approach, expected risks, project team, and timing/deadlines.
• Execution according to planning: Meeting customer expectation via quality control and/or adaptation of customer expectation.
• Documentation and presentation of results, recommendations and solutions to the customer.
• Risk & problem management: adaptation of planning in accordance with Customer.
• Technical support for project proposal development in cooperation with business development manager in USA and local sales: generate technical supporting material for sales meeting and proposal generation, attendance of discovery meetings and/or sales meetings.
• Take active role in assuring quality of project results, knowledge management, technology innovation and sharing with colleagues.
• Work closely with customers to solve challenging problems and perform transfer technology.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Master of Science degree in electromechanical engineering with 3 to 5 years of experience or equivalent, with emphasis on theoretical and applied dynamics and acoustics. Or a PHD who has completed all requirements of graduation in an accredited study of above.
• Understanding of mechanical systems, knowledge of vehicle technology,specifically Electric Vehicles.
• Knowledge of noise and vibration measurement and engineering: NVH data acquisition, NVH data processing tools and Digital Signal Processing theory.
• Past industrial with NVH measurements or with NVH calculations is a requirement.
• Experience and interest in project based work environment.
• Experience with LMS Scadas data acquisition systems and LMS Test.Lab processing tools.
• Tenacity to independently solve problems.
• Ability to execute projects independently and in a team environment.
• U.S. travel of 30% annually.
• Attention to detail.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Must be flexible but at the same time decisive.