Commercial Project Controller-WI
Business Unit: Process Solutions
Requisition Number: 232945
Primary Location: United States-Wisconsin-Rothschild
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Siemens Process Industries & Drives helps customers increase productivity, safety, reliability, efficiency and time-to-market for plants and processes with innovative, integrated technology across the entire lifecycle. With a deep understanding of individual market segments, Siemens helps customers respond quickly and confidently to new market requirements and challenges, strengthening their competitiveness.
For more information, please visit:
The successful candidate will be responsible for project commercial oversight; including forecasting project financial results, ensuring timely and accurate customer billings, obtaining and maintaining appropriate security instruments and monthly closing of project financial results. The position interfaces regularly with management in US/International. Intense team work and interaction required among project controllers, project managers, admin., procurement, accounting and customers when needed.
• Develops project plan on complex projects.
• Implements strategic project/program.
• Develops project management activities (definition of schedule, budget, risk, change, opportunity and resource allocation management) for very complex projects/programs.
• Provides functional or business practice guidance on projects or programs.
• Develops continuous improvement plan.
• May develop client relationship and sales opportunities.
Will be responsible for one or more of the following:
• Preparation of the Commercial Aspects of Large Complicated Customer projects including creating sale orders, setting up project, WBS structures, calculation sheets, L/C requirement, insurance, tax and payment terms..
• Project Controlling of Projects
• Project Controlling of Several Projects
• BS/BA in Accounting or Finance is preferred
• Certification may be required in some areas.
Knowledge and Experience:
• Demonstrates and applies comprehensive knowledge of field of specialization to the successful completion of complex assignments.
• Demonstrates advanced knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures of particular area of specialization.
• Demonstrates significant knowledge of organization's business practices and issues faced and contributes to problem resolution of those issues.
• Typically minimum of 5 years of successful experience in related field
• Advanced degree MAY be substituted for experience, where applicable.
• Work independently, Capable at multitasking and meeting deadlines; great team player and open to learn.
• Knowledge of POC accounting, IFRS and Siemens Financial Reporting Guidelines
• Working knowledge of SAP project module
• Project and or proposal controlling
• Support marketing in the development of large complex projects, requires constant communication.
• CPA, CMA, MBA, PMI certification are considered a plus.
Direction of Others:
• Provide specialized guidance or train support and/or professional staff. Leadership qualities and role model qualities demonstrated.