Sales Executive - Fire Service Sales - Tampa, FL
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 232958
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Tampa
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 5%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens Building Technologies is
currently searching for an experienced Sales Executive to manage and grow our
Fire Alarm and Security Service Sales territory in Tampa, Florida. This
office-based position in Tampa, FL is End-User focused on Fire Safety-Service
Agreement Service projects, Migration and Quoted Services Sales. The Sales
Executive is primarily involved in end-user fire alarm service and migration
service sales, but will also have a smaller focus on end-user negotiated
• Achieves new order booking and gross margin goals.
• Develops and implements plans to take advantage of all sales opportunities for assigned customers or territory.
• Able to effectively handle the most sophisticated deals independently within established guidelines.
• Effectively performs needs assessments, develops sales proposals, estimates, specifications and presentations. Works with operations, finance, legal and other inside and outside resources as needed to obtain the sale.
• Strategic Account Planning and Management.
• Introduce new fire systems product line to sales and top fire customers and new end-users.
• Coordinate and present technical symposium’s to customers and end-users.
• Prepare extensive sales promotion campaigns for customers to promote product lines to Commercial markets.
• Follows through on sold projects to ensure satisfactory completion. Ensures a smooth sales-to-operations turnover and monitors progress. Assists in resolving installation/execution, collections and other customer satisfaction issues as needed. Assists customers and potential customers with problems involving the use of company products and services and recommends suitable resolutions accordingly.
• Prepares accurate and thorough sales activity reports, forecast reports and expense tracking.
• Participates in civic and professional organizations, and sales department meetings, workshops and seminars. Keeps current on market business and product trends. Continues to pursue in depth product and service knowledge and acquire deeper selling, technical and financial skills.
• Develops and deploys account strategies. Prepares annual technology roadmap for all accounts managed.
• Team sells with solutions/contractor sales reps and Building Automation service sales reps.
• Develops and builds long term relationships.
• Expand the value of assigned accounts for all SBT offerings. Primary point of contact with end-user. Drives/coordinates new business across all product lines to meet objectives. Focus on customer retention and satisfaction/loyalty.
• Will focus on prospecting directly to new end users.
• Bachelor’s Degree strongly desired in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, however candidates with a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or candidates with equivalent combination of education (HS Diploma or GED Equivalency a minimum) and experience will also be considered
• Extensive experience with fire alarm service agreements or systems sales
• 1-2 years of meeting and succeeding quotas of selling full fire alarm and integration products to the end-users strongly desired, although candidates with less experience, along with a Bachelor’s Degree will also be considered
• Effective communication skills to give presentations before a broad audience
• Hunter sales mentality
• NICET Level II Certification in Fire Alarm, Fire Sprinkler or Special Hazards
• Extensive training in fire alarm, electronics and system applications software
• Must possess a valid Driver’s License in good standing and be at least 21 years of age; must meet eligibility requirements to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan