Business Unit: Process Automation
Requisition Number: 232965
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Houston
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 30%
Siemens Process Industries & Drives helps customers increase productivity, safety, reliability, efficiency and time-to-market for plants and processes with innovative, integrated technology across the entire lifecycle. With a deep understanding of individual market segments, Siemens helps customers respond quickly and confidently to new market requirements and challenges, strengthening their competitiveness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/process-industries-and-drives.htm#LI-ARS
Siemens US Talent Acquisition
PD PA Houston Component Engineering Specialist
The Component Engineer in conjunction with Research and Development and Supply Chain, are responsible for ensuring the continuous improvement of supplier quality for the PD PA AP business in Houston and Bartlesville. The component engineer will be responsible for the technical qualification to the components both mechanical and electronic to meet the design requirements.
This position has a direct impact on Business Unit performance and must possess an in-depth knowledge of mechanical and/or electronic parts. The position must also possess the ability/ skills to communicate with a wide variety of people and influence actions.
The Component Engineer will report directly to the PD PA AP Supplier Quality Manager.
· Review, recommend and approve components used in product design
· Coordinate Supplier Quality Management, Supplier Audits and Supplier Quality Evaluation
· Generate incoming and supplier inspection plans for all parts
· Create and approve Quality Assurance Agreements
· Implement Quality Requirements
· Facilitate failure analysis and corrective actions for component issues
· Oversee Component Life Cycle Management including End of Life components, EOL Review parts for compliance and other environmental standards
· Identify Alternatives/ Substitutes including Electronic Manufacturing Services Approve second sources for delegated parts packaging changes
· Assist in New part setup in Team Center technical portion of component setup.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Mechanical (preferred) or Electrical Engineer or equivalent experience with a background in electronics or mechanical products
· Minimum of 3 years related experience in a manufacturing or design environment
· Advanced skills in Microsoft software packages
· Strong insight into technological problems
· Knowledge of MRP systems i.e. SAP etc.
· Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Proven team player with experience leading and working in cross-functional teams
· Previous experience working with part suppliers would be an asset
· Team Centre experience would be an asset
· Knowledge or background in welding weld testing is an asset
Start challenging yourself today in an environment that embraces diversity and rewards innovation with competitive pay, great benefits, and a global network offering real opportunity for growth and advancement.
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment