Fire Solutions Operations Manager - Littleton, CO
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 232983
Primary Location: United States-Colorado-Littleton
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 15%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit: https://www.siemens.com/us/en/home/company/about/businesses/buildingtechnologies.html
· Manages the tactical activities within Fire Solutions Operations supporting the Building Technologies Division of the Siemens Denver Branch.
· Directs the activities of at specific customer sites, with a total revenue responsibility of between five to ten million (5-10M).
· Manages staff including Installers, Engineering, Project Managers, Systems Specialist, etc.
· This position will be assigned a specific location with total order intake between $10-$15M. Position manages 6-10 direct reports including technicians, technical supervisors, and project managers.
· Supervises the activities and performance of all project management, design engineering, system installation and commissioning employees for installed and/or service work. Provides technical support, expertise, leadership and accountability for installed projects, technical support programs and/or T&M work in assigned geographic area or location.
· Plans, organizes, directs and controls all installation and engineering activities for assigned projects/or service accounts. Plan, organize, direct and control all fire/security solutions operations activities to assure profitable growth. Advise management on local operations planning including resource hiring, development and allocation, financial forecasting, monitoring and issue resolution planning.
· Supervises employees to ensure schedules are maintained and projects proceed according to plans, job specifications and cost estimates. Supervises engineering activities including submittal preparation, material ordering, shipping, labor plans, job site walks, job folder updates and re-estimates. Plans and justifies manpower, staffing requirements, tools, and other appropriate investments for effective and timely execution of assigned work. Provides monthly project estimates and assists in monthly forecasting. Ensures proper job management and cost control by reviewing project financial statements with engineers.
· Maintains and improves planned and booked margins for technical support programs (TSP's). Directs and supervises the development of project plans and the use of those plans in the monitoring and control of progress in the execution of the work. Reviews customer feedback and ensures TSP retention and account growth goals are achieved including adds, extras, upgrades and escalations.
· Develops manpower schedules and loading to ensure contract and project compliance. Maintains timely communications and harmonious relationships between engineering, operations and sales so that project details, engineering or equipment changes, plan discrepancies or changes can be coordinated to minimize cost and delay throughout the estimating, bidding and operations phases of each project.
· Builds and maintains an effective operations organization committed to customer and employee satisfaction and profitable growth. Manages or advises on hiring, training and development, allocation and performance assessment of personnel within area of responsibility. Provides the tools, training and environment required to achieve employee success.
· Ensure the proper implementation of all company policies, procedures and productivity tools. Maintain current knowledge of regulatory laws, changes and requirements and ensure compliance. Advise and implement industry/field best practices to improve products, applications and services.
· Represents Siemens in industry associations, professional organizations and affiliations and develops relationships with customer, contractors and community leaders
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
· Associates degree in Business Administration, or equivalent work experience.
· 5+ years experience in the installation and maintenance of low voltage electronic systems including at least two years of supervisory or management experience.
· Strong understanding of financial reports and ability to implement cost controls.
· Excellent listening, oral and written communication skills. Excellent organizational skills must be able to handle multiple tasks and duties effectively.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook and Project.
· Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing and must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan and must possess a valid Driver’s license in good standing
· Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering preferred.
· Must obtain state or local fire alarm license as required by local or state regulations within six months of assuming position.
· NICET Level II Fire Alarm Certification required or must successfully test for NICET Level II Fire Alarm Certification within 18 months of assuming position.
- Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short and Long-Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.