Senior Manager Engineering - SCM New Product Introduction
Business Unit: Laboratory Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 232997
Primary Location: United States-Delaware-Newark
Other Locations: United States-New Jersey-Flanders
Assignment Category: Full-time temporary
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 30%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthcare
Senior Manager – SCM –New Product Introduction
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
"Are you ready to drive the launch of revolutionizing instruments, improving patient diagnosis? “
- Manage launch of diagnostics instruments
- Key liaison between development and commercialization
- Drive improvements in the New Product Introduction process
- Reports to the Director of New Product Introduction, within the Supply Chain and Manufacturing organization.
- Manage a team of Engineers located in multiples sites in New Jersey, Delaware and New York.
- Represent SCM functions at the project Core Team, for development and launch of new diagnostic equipment
- Drive New Product Introduction Core Initiatives and Best Practices
- Work closely with R&D to coordinate “Design To Cost” and “Design For Manufacturing and Assembly” activities
- Collaborate closely with Procurement to coordinate Early Supplier Involvement and input into design to achieve manufacturability and target cost
- Work with Quality, Procurement, Manufacturing, Logistics to ensure product readiness for volume production
- Achieve on time delivery of key milestones
- Represent the Healthineers Principles (Core Values)
- Collaborate with related business partners
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BS in Engineering Field
- Project management skills
- 7-10 Years’ experience in New Product Introduction
- Experience with lean tools and principles
- Experience in leading cross-functional technical teams located across multiple locations.
- Ability to organize and manage the activities of others.
- Capable of operating and liaison at all levels including managerial, project and technical.
- Proven management skills, people skills and organizational development.
- 30% travel
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Masters Degree in related engineering field
- Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma Certification, a plus
- Project Management Certification, a plus
- Medical Device, or other FDA regulated field