Business Unit: Low Voltage & Products
Requisition Number: 233003
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Grand Prairie
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens Industry is looking for a Manufacturing Engineer for our Grand Prairie, TX factory located in the heart of the DFW Metroplex. Our growing facility has over 650 employees that produce high-quality, engineered and make-to-order power distribution equipment. The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for manufacturing capability, continuity and continuous improvement. This includes documentation and performance measurement of manufacturing processes, new product introduction, improvements to production lines, capital expenditures, cost savings measures and fixture design. The Manufacturing Engineer also participates in the resolution of issues and improvements to IT infrastructure and production systems. Projects owned by this position will be key components in the realization of the factory vision.
The person should be capable of:
· - Perform a customer facing role with our customers
· - Ensure quality controls are set, oversea tests and monitor activities.
· - Monitor DPS, NCRs and implement actions to improve the number
· - Reduce additional cost after delivery and quantity of complaints by implementing process improvements
· - Reduce scrap and rework cost generated in the production line by the implementation of corrective actions.
· - Lead Corrective actions reports and 8D for customer complaints
· - Communicate main quality issues to the shop floor and assure the quality of the products
· - Quarantine material when Q-Holds
· - Oversee the production-related defects.
· - Drive supplier performance improvement through root cause analysis & corrective action.
· - Implement actions to solve ISO findings
· - Review designs, changes, and plans for specifications and processes.
· - Identify and implement quality improvement projects
· - Maintain a high level of consistency and final quality for all parts manufactured.
· - Provide monthly inspection data and quality assurance reports to senior management.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. The Grand Prairie factory is focused on ensuring that zero harm is done to our employees and zero defects are created in our processes. We utilize lean principles and digital factory technology to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
- Improve safety for all personnel that work in and around production lines
- Drive efforts and initiatives to reduce production errors, improve product quality and increase productivity
- Performance measurement and documentation of manufacturing processes
- Identification and management of improvement projects that may require capital expenditures, contractors, cost savings calculations, CAD design and physical installation work
- Work with digitalization team to implement tools such as Digital Work Instructions, Operator Displays, Performance/Status Dashboards, and other connected worker support tools
- Facility and maintenance improvements related to production areas
- Maintain accurate production line drawings and convert to 3D
- Production line changes related to new product introduction
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering is strongly desired, although a combination of education (HS Diploma or GED equivalency is a minimum requirement) and directly related work experience will also be considered
2. Integrated management system: ISO 9001, 14001, 45001
3. Problem-solving techniques
4. Root cause and corrective action techniques
5. Knowledge of metrology techniques for inspection and validation of parts
6. In-depth understanding of agile methodologies and up-to-date on industry standards and best practices.
7. Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently.
8. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
9. Ability to analyze problems and strategize for better solutions.
10. Microsoft Office
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
1. Experience simulating manufacturing systems and processes
2. Experience with computer programming and/or database management
3. Experience with SAP or similar MRP system
4. Experience with 6 Sigma certification
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.