Manufacturing Engineer - Digital Factory
Business Unit: Low Voltage & Products
Requisition Number: 233025
Primary Location: United States-California-Pomona
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens Industry is looking for a Manufacturing Engineer - Digital Factory for our Pomona, CA factory. Does the IoT intrigue you? Do you dream about a World that becomes virtual? Siemens is looking for people like you. Are you ready for the challenge?
Siemens Industry is looking for a Digital Manufacturing Engineer for our Pomona, CA factory. Our growing facility has one hundred and thirty employees that produce high-quality, make-to-order power distribution equipment for the western United States market. Our processes include material handling, metal fabrication, final assembly and test. The Digital Manufacturing Engineer designs and improves manufacturing systems at the mechanical, electrical, and software levels. The position's focus is not just on physical manufacturing systems; it includes the enablement (sensing and acquisition) and use of data (analytics) around manufacturing systems to drive increases in productivity, product quality, and business feedback. This position will provide process and equipment support for various areas of the operation and lead continuous improvement and innovation projects. The ideal candidate has experience in manufacturing mixed with mixed with a strong skillset in data analysis and information technology.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. The Pomona factory is focused on ensuring that zero harm is done to our employees and zero defects are created in our processes. We utilize lean principles and digital factory technology to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
- Design, plan and improve manufacturing operations, processes, and systems to achieve safety, quality, delivery, cost and inventory performance expectations.
- Support the evaluation and management of software applications and functionality available across manufacturing systems.
- Implement tools, such as Digital Work Instructions, Computer Aided Process Planning, Operator Displays, Performance/Status Dashboards, and other connected worker support tools.
- Support the instrumentation, control, connectivity, and analytic solutions around manufacturing equipment and operational assets.
- Lead initiatives to reduce production errors and improve product quality across manufacturing systems.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- B.S. or greater in a related engineering discipline.
- Experience with metal fabrication machinery and/or assembly process in a manufacturing environment.
- Proficiency in data collection and analysis along with statistical analysis.
- Experience with an MRP system.
- Demonstrated ability to implement change to improve results.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- LEAN or 6 Sigma Green Belt, Black Belt.
- Experience with manufacturing execution systems.
- Experience simulating manufacturing systems and processes
- Experience with machine tools and/or automation.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.