Rolling Stock Maintenance Manager
Business Unit: Country Division Controller
Requisition Number: 233037
Primary Location: United States-Florida-West Palm Beach
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Committed to the safe and reliable transportation of people and goods by rail and road, Siemens Mobility designs and manufactures across the entire spectrum of rolling stock, including commuter and regional passenger trains, light rail and streetcars, metros, locomotives, passenger coaches, and high-speed trainsets. In the U.S., Siemens is providing rail vehicles, locomotives, components and systems to more than 25 agencies in cities such as D.C., New York, Boston, Sacramento, San Diego, and St. Louis.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens US Talent Acquisition
Rolling Stock Maintenance Manager
The Rolling Stock Maintenance Manager has primary responsibility for the safe and fiscal responsible execution of the long term maintenance contract for a brand new fleet of high-tech rolling stock. This rolling stock consists of Tier 4 compliant high-horsepower locomotives in a push-pull configuration with elegant coaches intended to deliver a high-end customer experience. These trains operate daily today from West Palm Beach to Miami and in future will operate up to 125 mph from Orlando to Miami 7 days a week.
The successful candidate will have overall responsibility for a world class maintenance team to meet the needs of a demanding customer schedule. Safety is the highest priority and is to be incorporated in all activities, processes and operations. This safety awareness extends to our customers operations, where Siemens is not responsible but we may be aware of safety risks. The dynamic team will continue to build an attitude of continuous improvement in their approach to the inherent challenges a long term maintenance contract has against the backdrop of a demanding schedule with only the most minimum of downtime of the rolling stock.
The Maintenance Manager will have P&L responsibility for the maintenance operations including personnel and material. In this role you will recruit, built, train and empower a competent, high-performance maintenance team, establishes maintenance operational strategies, including Overhauls implements critical measurements (KPIs) of productivity and effectiveness. The maintenance practices and processes to be established require a condition based maintenance approach in coordination with meeting FRA regulations. An entrepreneurial and can do mind-set is desired to ensure the team is selecting and executing the best solutions to a wide variety of complex problems that can occur in a long term maintenance environment.
Develops maintenance, overhaul and repair operation financial strategies by estimating, forecasting, and anticipating requirements, trends, and variances; aligning monetary resources; developing action plans; measuring and analyzing results; initiating corrective actions; minimizing the impact of variances, continuous improvement and optimizing processes
The Availability and Reliability of the fleet will be measured under a Performance Regime.
Maintains an extremely close working relationship with the Customer to ensure the team is executing in accordance with customer wishes and exceeding their expectations in levels of service contracted. Establish and maintain other relationships with appropriate Siemens entities as well as external contacts, suppliers, trade associations and appropriate government and community organizations.
Ensure that all organization activities and operations are carried out in compliance with local, state and federal/national regulations and laws.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
This position requires a demonstrated record of operational accomplishments from a multi-product, and refurbishment/overhaul environment. Specific qualifications include:
· A bachelor’s degree in a business, engineering or technical discipline or equivalent experience.
· An excellent track record of leadership with 8 or more years of management experience included at least 6 years of railroad maintenance.
· Experience in dealing with the FRA / CFRs, knowledge of applicable law and regulations
· Knowledge of: metal fabrication, welding, basic mechanical knowledge, structured failure analysis and failure search, understanding of the customer, strategic planning, technical management, promoting process improvement, maintenance control planning, developing standards, tracking budget expenses, documentation skills, control engineering, quality management, financial management.
· Strong interpersonal skills and a dynamic personality needed to effectively interface with people at all levels within the organization, customer and community.
· A collaborative management style that can motivate and develop this new team and new processes.
· Ability to continually challenge the status quo, providing strong leadership for continuous improvement of results and effectiveness.
· Able to focus on the short term needs yet also setting long range goals for this new team to attain.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Capacity and manpower planning
· Develop and maintain appropriate KPIs