Technical Team Lead - User Experience Designer
Business Unit: Laboratory Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 233058
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Flanders
Other Locations: United States-New York-Tarrytown
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthcare
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
We are shaping the future of diagnostic testing for laboratories all over the world. Can you help us design our products to lead the way? If you're passionate about improving user experience, we have a place for you.
Siemens Healthineers, Laboratory Diagnostics is seeking a User Experience Designer, responsible for helping to make design thinking an integrated part of the software and system development process. This role requires expertise in user experience best practices and hands-on experience with interaction design, software visual design, information architecture, and design advocacy.
- Work closely with other designers and cross-functional development teams to design software user interfaces for complex systems that will allow for intuitive and satisfying user interactions.
- Plan and conduct software and hardware usability studies with customers and customer representatives. Document and present findings and recommendations to teams to drive product improvements throughout the development lifecycle.
- Manage small group of UX analysts.
- Stay current with software design and UX trends by joining professional groups, attending workshops, and reading relevant research.
- Promote the importance of user-centric product development and UX best practices.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Degree in human computer interaction, human factors engineering, computer science, interaction design, or related.
- Strong portfolio demonstrating at least 5-10 years of experience building successful user interfaces.
· Experience in developing successful UI designs with the ability to advocate for and institute good design and UX practices.
· Experience in rapidly generating prototypes, wireframes, and sketches through an iterative design and feedback process.
· Experience with UX research methods that lend themselves to an agile environment
· Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to set schedules, keep commitments, and manage internal and external resources.
- Proven ability to collaborate effectively across disciplines and product lines.
- ~20% local travel (NY/NJ/DE), occasional international travel.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Experience creating UI prototypes using UX tools such as Axure, HTML, CSS.
- Proficiency with design software such as Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience with design for visualization of complex data.
- Experience working within or interfacing with scrum teams.
- Knowledge of medical device regulations pertaining to usability.
User interface design, interaction design, user experience design, UX, UX Analyst