Composite Blade Specialist
Business Unit: Wind Power and Renewables
Requisition Number: 233066
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Orlando
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 30%
About Siemens Gamesa Renewable EnergyWith a worldwide installed capacity of 75 GW, Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy has a presence in more than 90 countries and a team of 27,000 employees worldwide. Its end-to-end value chain presence encompasses onshore and offshores wind turbines design, manufacturing, installation as well as cutting-edge service solutions. The global headquarters and legal domicile of the company is located in Zamudio, Spain. The company is listed on the Spanish stock exchange.
Position Summary: This position will be responsible for supporting sales/planning-PTS/field ops/global ops departments and improving and developing processes related to composite and blades in the wind turbine.
Essential Duties / Responsibilities:
• Provide damage assessment / analysis and disposition for blades and any composite components in the wind turbine.
• Creation of work package and field repair material ordering when needed
• Support job coordination and execution of blade inspections, repairs, and replacements
• Support blade special projects, internally and in the aftersales market
• Travel supporting field services.
• Must be willing to travel - up to 30%.
• Presentation of blade training seminars for internal and external personnel
• Assist logistics and repair centers with decisions regarding blades inventory and disposition
• Collaborate with Services Engineers to resolve complex blade issues
• Support aftersales, campaigns and warranty management with associated projects
• PO creation, tracking, and final invoicing for all associated projects
• Interface with blades systems/engineers to help prioritize inspections and repairs
• Review customer claims related to blade issues and review/edit customer reports
• Support the Advanced Maintenance group with various projects including large and small corrective on a variety of components
• Interface with global operations (analysts, product/process developers, component specialists)
• Perform or assist with failure analysis and RCA projects for blades failures
• Leading project jobs and manage field technicians as needed
• Support wind farms efforts remotely for blade issues when needed
• Provide composite/blades hands-on expertise, repair, and related inspection techniques.
• Identify process improvements; including reduction of non-value-added operations, increased productivity opportunities, etc.
• Creation of blade incident reports and field procedures
• Ability to work in confined / enclosed spaces and comfortable with heights.
• Review documentation and procedures
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Required Education/Work experience:
High school diploma or equivalent
2-4 years related work experience
Microsoft Office Suite - Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
Familiarity with Gamesa and/or Siemens Mechanical/Electrical turbine operation
Provide damage assessment / analysis and disposition for blades and any composite components in the wind turbine. L-Siemens & L-Gamesa
Specialized Skills & Knowledge:
Blade Match and Balancing Solution
Hub - Fiberglass Assessment and Disposition
Blade Failure Investigation and RCA Reports
Primary equipment used: Standard office equipment