Sr. Electrical Engineer
Business Unit: Ultrasound
Requisition Number: 233069
Primary Location: United States-Washington-Issaquah
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 20%
We are seeking an electrical engineer to provide support to product manufacturing testing development as well as failure analysis. This job includes execute scientific experiments, perform basic data analysis, help design prototype/product, perform basic development/implementation, execute testing/evaluation, complete required documentation, identify and coordinate with vendors and suppliers.
- Assist and cooperate with other engineers in defining product features and HW testing tools to be used in manufacturing.
- Developing SW and/or HW tools to increase manufacturing test coverage, accuracy, and efficiency
- Perform first level failure analysis on factory failures and field returns.
- Sustaining and improving existing manufacturing tools in both SW and HW.
- Complete engineering deliverables and provide project manager informed of all technical risks/opportunities facing assignments
- Complete required documentation deliverables including design specification and verification
- As requested by senior management, participate in committees, professional groups, and off-site events that support the business.
- Complete relevant administrative tasks according to Siemens policy
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BS/BA in related discipline (EE/CE), or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Certification may be required in some areas.
- 5+ years working experience or equivalent education.
- Experienced in schematic design and drawing
- Experience in using Hardware testing tools such as oscilloscope, DMM, logic analyzer, etc…
- Experience in electrical troubleshooting and circuit analysis
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Windows Office tools (Excel, Word, Visio, and Powerpoint)
· Ability to travel 10% to 15%
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Experience in scripting languages (Python, Perl, Batch, PowerShell, etc…)
- Work experience with SAP is highly desired
- Work experience with Microsoft Team Foundation Server
- Work experience with medical device manufacturing
- DSP, Embedded system, or Analog design experience
- Able to communicate in Chinese or Korean is a plus