Business Unit: Distributed Generation and Oil & Gas
Requisition Number: 233092
Primary Location: United States-New York-Olean
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 25%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering
excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than
165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously
leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business
opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is
organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services,
Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process
Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Siemens is the leading service partner for ensuring high reliability and
optimal performance of rotating power equipment within the utility, oil &
gas, and industrial processing industries worldwide – as well as for wind
turbines. Siemens’ extensive national network of service technicians is able
to quickly and comprehensively offer expert service to maximize the
lifecycle of power generation equipment, helping to ensure reliability and
For more information, please visit:
Manage projects as a business, with accountability for the management of the scope, schedule, budget, and risk of assigned projects for the supply of compressors, gas and steam turbines, and related control systems to ensure successful project execution with predictable outcomes from order entry through the warranty period. This can include new units revamps, and engineered solutions projects.
- Participate in the order capture process by supporting Regional selling teams as requested.
- Manage the order entry / order transition process for assigned projects. Review order-entry package and facilitate the receipt of all required information.
- Initiate the project through required formalities and internal / external kickoff meetings.
- Take full ownership of scope, budget, and schedule for assigned projects in the pre-order phase, and manage those constraints after order award.
- Fully understand the provisions of the contract for the project, regularly apprising functional representatives of salient provisions, and ensuring organizational compliance with all requirements.
- Develop project plans as necessary to successfully execute the project.
- Liaise with clients, suppliers, subcontractors, and management to develop relationships that are conducive to the successful completion of the project.
- Monitor and effectively report progress and status of the project to management and to the client in accordance with the project plan.
- Ensure the goods and services are “flawless” (i.e. meet specifications) and are produced in compliance with the Siemens quality assurance program and the project quality plan.
- Ensure that all Siemens products are delivered in accordance with the project plan.
- Develop project-specific risk management plans and proactively manage technical and commercial risk throughout project execution so as to minimize company exposure
- Facilitate numerous meetings with clients and company personnel during the order execution process.
- Monitor and maintain the master project schedule including identification of the critical path and near critical path items, initiating and facilitating corrective and/or risk mitigation actions to maintain delivery and cost objectives.
- Monitor and maintain the project budget, initiating and facilitating corrective action to maintain financial objectives.
- Serve as the Siemens focal point for all communications (internal and external), questions and issues requiring action on assigned projects.
- Participate in project review meetings with company management. Provide project status reports as requested.
- Elevate barriers to successful project execution to management as necessary.
- Adhere to the Siemens Project Management methodology to successfully manage projects as measured by on-time delivery, cost at or below budget, maximized client satisfaction.
- Lead / manage assigned project teams in a matrix organization. Monitor team performance to ensure compliance with all client requirements.
- Mentor team members and provide constructive feedback to improve team performance.
- Positively influence financial position by proactive cash flow management, working with accounting group and client to ensure timely issue and collection of invoices related to milestone payments
- Proactively manage shipping when client is responsible for such, including advance client notifications and escalation, if required, in order to assure schedules support timely revenue recognition.
- Ensure timely resolution of any issues (client, internal, supplier) impacting contract schedule, cost, risk, and client satisfaction. Investigate and answer all client questions.
- Adequately document all subsequent (addendum) contractual agreements – technical and commercial.
- Conduct Lessons Learned meetings for all projects; identify corrective actions and best practices and solicit a Customer Satisfaction Survey as part of the contract closure process.
- Support the project through the warranty phase, working with the Commissioning Engineering Team member to address installation, startup, or warranty issues.
- Support Operations and Project Leadership initiatives as shown on the NAO Policy Deployment Matrix.
- Communicate effectively with clients, project team members and all levels of the organization.
- Ensure operations management is kept appropriately informed of project risks or opportunities that affect client satisfaction and a project's cost, schedule, quality, cash flow, and revenue recognition.
- Develop supporting documentation based on the Contract and negotiate directly with the Client when late delivery penalties (L/D’s) are invoked, including internal escalation for organizational support, when required, with the goal of eliminating, or at least minimizing, the financial impact.
- Bachelor's degree (B. S.) in engineering required.
- Must possess a high level of problem solving skills
- Requires the ability to work independently with substantial latitude for action and decision
- Product design and/or application knowledge/experience with centrifugal and/or reciprocating compressors, gas and/or steam turbines.
- Commercial experience with sales proposals and contract terms and conditions.
- Experience dealing directly with end customers.
- Working knowledge of industry standards, such as API, ASME, etc.
Comprehensive knowledge of project management concepts, practices and procedures, and schedule management tools (e.g. MS Project or equivalent)
- Leadership skills including relentless problem solving and results orientation with a big-picture focus
- Ability to process complex and linear thinking
- Ability to effectively lead and work under pressure
- Ability to work constructively with all stakeholders, building both internal and external relationships
- Ability to build an effective team.
- Proficiency in the application of computerized systems, including standard business applications (i.e. MS Office)
- Effective verbal and written communications skills
- Negotiation skill and commercial experience to manage contract scope changes directly with client
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Strong bias for following processes and continual process improvement
- Strong sense of time urgency for critical-path project items, milestones, and key project deliverables
- MBA degree preferred.
- Professional project management certification (e.g. PMP by PMI) preferred.