Software Engineer - Advanced-C++/Computational Physics
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management-PLM
Requisition Number: 233096
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Austin
Other Locations: United States-New Hampshire-Lebanon
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthcare and Financial Services.
We are looking for a highly qualified and motivated candidate for the
position of Software Engineer – Advanced to contribute to the
development of STAR-CCM+, our next-generation multi-physics simulation
The successful candidate will be expected to contribute to the
architecture, design and maintenance of the product as well as develop
end-user enhancements. Specific areas of focus will be the development
of thermal comfort modeling, automation of heat transfer, optics and
related material property models and workflow, improvement of data
parallelism and computational performance of thermal models in
This successful candidate would become a member of the Product
Development team and report to the Heat Transfer Program Manager within
the CFD division. The Product Development team focuses on Siemens
multidisciplinary design software and is part of Simulation & Test
Solutions within Siemens Product Lifecycle Management.
The Software Engineer – Advanced is responsible for designing,
programing, enhancing and implementing heat transfer and optics
simulation related software framework, models, automation, databases,
computational performance improvement in addition to maintaining
existing features and capabilities.
Specific responsibilities include:
● Hands-on full-stack software development of feature enhancements
within the STAR-CCM+ framework.
● Gathering testing requirements and troubleshooting issues with the QA
team and other stakeholders.
● Writing software design documents.
● Writing technical documentation.
● Participating in peer-based code and design reviews.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
● Minimum BS or equivalent degree in Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or
● Minimum 5 years of experience in commercial scientific computation
● Proven expertise in object-oriented coding using C++, Java, software
design patterns, software framework and architecture development.
● Proven expertise in data parallelism, cache, memory management within
the context of high-performance computing.
● Experience with heat transfer and radiation/optics software.
● Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
● Ability to work as part of a team to meet project goals.
● Up to 5% travel per year.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
● MS or PhD in Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science.
● C#, .NET based software development experience.
● Experience with high performance computing including distributed computing,
shared/distributed hybrid parallel computing
● SIMD programming experience.