Fire Alarm Inspector I
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 233129
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Irving
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 20%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
Reporting to the Service Operations Manager, this position provides assistance in performing assigned tasks for fire life safety system services.
· Assists in performing technical support program (TSP) tasks to include visual and functional testing on fire detection systems and field devices in accordance with all national (NFPA) and local (AHJ) standards.
· Maintains complete and accurate documentation of tests performed.
· Assists in responding to service calls (emergency and on-site).
· Provides needed assistance with troubleshooting techniques and performs minor repairs as directed.
· Assists and observes installing new fire life safety systems and wiring techniques.
· Performs minor repairs as directed.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education:
· High School Diploma or equivalent
· 0-2years experience using Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
· Strong customer service, organizational, and verbal and written communication skills
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education:
· Associate's degree in Electronics or other technical field
· Basic knowledge of AD/DC circuitry, associated low voltage systems
· Experience in field service