Staff Software and Systems Engineer
Business Unit: Diagnostic Imaging
Requisition Number: 233148
Primary Location: United States-Tennessee-Knoxville
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
The Molecular Imaging (MI) division of Siemens Healthcare is currently seeking
a Staff-Level Software and Systems
Engineer to join our Molecular Imaging systems engineering team to develop
molecular imaging devices (http://healthcare.siemens.com/molecular-imaging).
The ideal candidate should have experience in product requirements analysis,
complex system design, and integration of advanced software and hardware
systems. This position will work across a cross-functional organization with
large and diverse teams, acting in a technical leadership role. The primary
function of this role will include the elicitation and elaboration of clinical
requirements for molecular imaging devices. A deep understanding of clinical
and system level use cases and workflows is needed to develop high-value and
novel customer solutions, and a strong background in medical imaging is
required to translate new features into system functionality. A passion for delivering products that
improve the outcomes of patient healthcare is essential for membership on our
· Maintain ultimate ownership for the realization of new system functionality over the course of a development project
· Drive the definition, specification, technical risk management, integration, test strategy, and validation of a product feature in close cooperation with the project team.
· Elicit high quality system requirements from clinical, service, manufacturing, marketing, and other users/stakeholders
· Elaborate and decompose user and system level requirements into detailed and complete specifications
· Identify, quantify, and drive the mitigation of technical risks to our projects and products
· Champion both the extrinsic quality (proven by functional verification) and the intrinsic quality (proven by clinical validation) of our products
· Productize cutting-edge technologies to deliver breakthrough medical care to our customers and patients
· Ensure seamless integration of complex hardware and software subsystems that are designed and manufactured at multiple locations across the globe
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Proven Software development background with extensive knowledge of software architecture, analysis and design, and estimation techniques.
· Comprehensive knowledge of software design principles
· Proven experience with product analysis and requirements engineering
· Bachelor degree or greater in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field
· 8+ years of direct engineering experience with complex products
· Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to convey ideas and concepts to a wide range of international audiences (USA, Germany, China & India) including the clinical community, product management and other engineers
· Positive attitude with demonstrated experience working on large cross functional international teams with ability to also work autonomously
· Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
· International travel required periodically (<10%)
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Experience of both clinical and industry environments a strong plus.
· Demonstrates the ability to manage change in rapidly evolving situations
· Exhibits skills needed to bridge gaps between technical and non-technical stakeholders
· Experience with developing and executing system level verification tests
· Solid understanding of medical physics as it relates to system performance
· Experience with 510K medical devices or other highly regulated environments