Quality Assurance Inspector -3rd Shift
Business Unit: Supply Chain Management
Requisition Number: 233180
Primary Location: United States-Iowa-Fort Madison
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: None
Travel Required: 5%
About Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy
With a worldwide installed capacity of 75 GW, Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy has a presence in more than 90 countries and a team of 27,000 employees worldwide. Its end-to-end value chain presence encompasses onshore and offshores wind turbines design, manufacturing, installation as well as cutting-edge service solutions. The global headquarters and legal domicile of the company is located in Zamudio, Spain. The company is listed on the Spanish stock exchange.
Job Title: Quality Assurance Inspector Department: Quality
To perform visual, dimensional, and gage inspections and record all required data. Interpret results of visual, gage and dimensional inspections and recommend appropriate action in accordance with referenced specifications, accepted industry and shop practices. Document and test the required inspection of components. Perform required process control actions to ensure equipment and materials meet minimum requirements prior to inspections.
1. High School Diploma or equivalent
2. Passing score on General Aptitude test.
3. Certification in visual inspection.
1. The employee must certify on the quality standards in Visual Inspection.
2. Within the qualifying period, the employee must maintain certification of the quality standards, and complete the required equipment specific training courses.
The following are the major job duties but this job description does not preclude the performance of other duties by the incumbent.
1. Receive and perform work assignments, oral and/or written and follow work instructions.
2. Accurately report findings of inspections to operations, supervisor, etc.
3. Document, organize, and retain all findings of evaluations and inspections in a timely manner.
4. Interpret drawings, sketches, etc. to obtain material and dimensional information with minimal supervision.
5. Set up, operate, and maintain a variety of equipment to assemble, inspect, and evaluate parts per accepted Siemens or industry standards.
6. Perform required tests and inspections per process specifications.
7. Set up, operate, and maintain laboratory devices and equipment as needed.
8. Conduct other laboratory techniques and processes to qualify vendor materials.
9. Perform Final Inspections as required.
10. Accept or reject work as indicated by comparing data to the required drawing specifications, process specifications or other documented engineering criteria.
11. Work with or under the direction of higher classified inspectors and/or engineers.
12. Assemble, verify dimensions, and disassemble components or set-ups as required.
13. Follow all applicable specifications and procedures regarding the performance of shop operations.
14. Use all required safety equipment and follow established safety procedures.
15. Provide technical direction and training of lower classified inspectors as required.
16. Keep work areas in a clean and orderly condition.
Support and apply team concepts in daily activities