SCRUM Innovation Master for Digital Lab
Business Unit: Mobility
Requisition Number: 233183
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Austin
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
If you really want to make a difference - make it with Siemens.
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process
Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Committed to the safe and reliable transportation of people and goods by rail and road, Siemens Mobility designs and manufactures across the entire spectrum of rolling stock, including commuter and regional
passenger trains, light rail and streetcars, metros, locomotives, passenger coaches, and high-speed trainsets. In the U.S., Siemens is providing rail vehicles, locomotives, components and systems to more than 25 agencies in cities such as D.C., New York, Boston, Sacramento, San Diego, and St. Louis.
For more information, please visit:
With over 372,000 people working at Siemens, it would be hard to define one single culture. However, we do have values which we like to live by. They're things like providing honest, open feedback, encouraging people to take ownership of projects and supporting entrepreneurialism in the workplace. We like to act as a team at Siemens. We believe if we all work as one, together we can make the world a smarter place.
Siemens Intelligent Traffic Systems is creating a new Data Analytics & Application Center to develop data-driven functions for even smarter management of road traffic, specific fleets such as eBikes and intermodal mobility. To do this, we work closely with our customers and partners with agile methods and rapid prototyping in line with a lean, start-up mentality. In this environment, you will use your expertise in Software Development and Programming to help shape ecologically sustainable smart traffic for the future - along with underlying functions for autonomous driving.
Your role – challenging and future-oriented
As part of the new Data Center/Digital Lab, we are hiring a SCRUM Master to guide, coach, and develop 2 scrum teams through the scrum development process using agile methods and support the department head regarding business development and set up of the Digital Lab. Here, you will need to analyze and improve the development process to increase efficiency and secure the quality of developed products and services. The majority of your time (70%) will be spent performing the duties as Scrum Master, while the remaining time (30%) will be supporting management in the success of the Digital Lab.
Qualifications for this role will include:
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related area
- 3-5 years of experience as a SCRUM Master – ideally managing a scrum process in a fast-paced, start-up environment. SCRUM Master Certificate would be preferred
- Proven experience in software development, programming languages, data analytics or machine learning.
- Excellent interpersonal skills – having the ability to resolve conflicts when necessary, but also motivate your team to take ownership of their tasks
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Fluency in English and conversational German (preferred)
In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
-A competitive base salary
-Excellent health/vision/dental plans, 401k match, tuition reimbursement, & 18 days of PTO to start
-Extensive training along with career development
We aim to hire top talent and provide them with opportunities to earn top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in an innovative environment. If you're interested in becoming a SCRUM Master with Siemens Mobility, we'll offer you the support and career advancement to make it happen!
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.