Continuous Improvement Engineer
Business Unit: Medium Voltage & Systems
Requisition Number: 233184
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Wendell
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele.
For more information, please visit:
We are building the energy grid for the future. Can you help us make it a reality? If you are one of those professionals who are always stiving to find a 'better way', you can.
- Lead and coach core teams to identify and analyze non-value add activities and develop solutions and control plans using Lean Tools.
- Own the facility kaizen and productivity projects; ensuring projects are done according to budget and timelines.
- Quantify process improvements in terms of additional throughput, ergonomics, reduction in non-value added activity, set up reduction time, and quality improvements.
- Facilitate and lead change in a fast-paced growth focused environment using your strong interpersonal skills.
- Act as a change agent; build and deliver the change management strategy to ensure support and consensus for improvement projects.
- Assist in development, testing and improve manufacturing processes for new and existing products that will reduce operating costs, reduce labor and product variability while driving safety and increasing yields.
- Assist in writing and updating standard operating procedures.
- Prepare product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Support internal customers including but not limited to Manufacturing, Sales, Quality and others as necessary.
- You may be asked to perform other duties as needed.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelors Level of Degree in the Engineering, Sciences, Operations or a related field.
- CAD Software: 1 year
- Self-starter with the ability to prioritize, take ownership and deliver results against challenging performance indicators
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and communicate effectively across all levels of the organization
- Knowledge of statistics and process control tools and Integrated Lean Six Sigma Work Systems strongly preferred although not essential as training will be provided internally
- Shown ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize work, and problem solve
- Ability to work within tight and constantly changing deadlines
- Confident, dedicated, collaborative work ethic
- Six Sigma Certification
- Black Belt