Manager, Order Management - Industrial Manufacturing
Business Unit: Large Drives
Requisition Number: 233189
Primary Location: United States-Ohio-Norwood
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Process Industries and Drives Division helps manufacturers measurably increase productivity and improve time-to-market with our innovative, integrated technology and services. We support our customers in continuously improving the reliability, safety, and efficiency of products, processes and plants.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/process-industries-and-drives.htm
Siemens US Talent Acquisition
Manager, Order Management
The Order Management team has the responsibility to manage customer orders for Above NEMA, IEC and purchase for resale motors processed through the Siemens Large Drives Norwood Ohio facility.
- The Order Management team plays a critical role in translating customer requirements into the information necessary to successfully execute customer orders and deliver a quality product on time.
- The ideal candidate will apply SPS (Lean) and other continuous improvement processes to accomplish the following:
- Establish and follow to the greatest extent possible a standardized work approach to order management
- Utilize the appropriate tools and methods for determining departmental capacity and staffing requirements to meet customer demands
- Understand and effectively address all non-conformances in process or execution for the department
- Ensure an effective training program is defined and in place for all Order Management department members
· The Order Management team is a part of the Large Drives AP business’ Order Processing Center and will report to the Director of the OPC
The Order Management team acts as the agent for the external customer during order execution. As such the Manager, Order Management will be required to demonstrate and also coach the team in effective communication, and when necessary, appropriate escalation of issues related to order execution or non-conformances.
The Manager, Order Management will act as champion for safe work methods and in full compliance with the established Integrated Management System (Safety, Quality, Environmental programs)
The Manager, Order Management has the following responsibilities:
· proactively manage all Order Management processes from order entry, order clarification, order write up, order change management and communication.
· track and report all Order Management key performance indicators including, Product Delivery Reliability and Capability, Daily Bookings, Incoming Order Rate, Clean Order Rate, Orders On Time, Order Cycle time, Defects per order.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree – technical or Engineering preferred
- 8-10 years related experience
- SAP and Microsoft Office
- approximately 10% travel required
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Successful previous utilization of Lean Manufacturing concepts
· Electric motor knowledge or related experience