Mechanical Engineer - (Recip Compressor)- Painted Post, NY
Business Unit: Service Distributed Generation and Oil & Gas
Requisition Number: 233191
Primary Location: United States-New York-Painted Post
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
- Applies analytical techniques and experience to ensure overall design of new or modified compressor or engine is within normal design practices. Support the analysis and resolution of complete problems including field failures. Develops specialized capabilities in disciplines of problem solving and analysis.
- Directs the design, drafting and processing of orders, proposals or development programs using the team concept and in accordance with applicable specifications, cost and schedule constraints. Develops and introduces improved technologies when possible.
- Writes, reviews and issues technical documentation including instructions, test reports, and engineering standards in accordance with specifications. Protects technical developments through patents.
- Assists manufacturing and field service personnel in resolution of problems. Makes field visits to investigate or resolve problems, as necessary
- Conducts or attends engineering meetings with customers and suppliers. Enhances customer image by presenting papers and customer talks
- Ensures environmental/safety issues arising from area of responsibility, or from own activities, are managed according to legal requirements, company policy and procedures, and good work practices. Consults supervisor/manager with questions relating to environmental/safety responsibilities.
- Adopts a personal commitment to excellence and actively supports and participates in the Total Quality process. Be a "role model" worthy of imitation.
- Promotes progress through positive change, continuous improvement and actively contributes to the teamwork concept.
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in Mechanical Engineering
- 8+ years of relevant experience in mechanical design and analysis
- 3 years’ experience in related industry experience (Compressors, Gas Compression, etc.)
- Comprehensive knowledge of engineering computational methods
- Knowledge of design procedures and test technology
- Strong communication skills at all levels
- Required amount of travel up to 10%
- Experience with Reciprocating Compressors
- Experience with Failure Analysis