Fire Alarm Inspector - I
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 233222
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Norcross
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 25%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
· - Assists with routine equipment installation, trial runs and service activity runs to ensure that it meets specifications for Commercial Fire Alarm Systems.
· - Provides assistance with training customers to maintain and adjust routine Fire Alarm equipment.
· - Performs routine maintenance on tools, test equipment, etc. and completes required service or systems paperwork.
· - Assists with responding to routine Fire Alarm service or systems calls.
- Provides assistance in performing assigned tasks for fire life safety system services.
- Assists in performing technical support program (TSP) tasks to include visual and functional testing on fire detection systems and field devices in accordance with all national and local standards.
- Maintains complete and accurate documentation of tests performed. Assists in responding to service calls (emergency and on-site). Provides needed assistance with troubleshooting techniques and performs minor repairs as directed.
- Assists and observes installing new fire life safety systems and wiring techniques.
- Performs minor repairs as directed.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· High School Diploma or GED.
· 0-1 years experience inspecting fire alarm systems.
· Field service and computer experience preferred.
· Strong customer service skills.
· Good organizational, verbal and written communication skills
· Individual must possess a valid Driver’s license in good standing
Remove if Vehicle plan not included:
Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- One (1) to three (3) years fire alarm industry experience with training and a High School diploma
- Basic knowledge of AD/DC circuitry, associated low voltage systems preferred