Engineering Specialist I - Automation Controls
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 233223
Primary Location: United States-Oregon-Beaverton
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/building-technologies.htm
- Duties include: estimating, designing, tracking, start up and commissioning jobs of larger revenue and/ or multiple projects requiring greater planning and technical expertise than the next lower level position.
- Attends pre-booking meetings to gain knowledge of the sales estimate and project scope.
- Analyzes plans, specifications, and contract to determine system requirements. Selects products, sizes, types, and location placement to ensure products meet specification requirements.
- Designs building automation systems consisting of mechanical system layouts, electrical drawings, bill of materials, sequence of operations, valve and damper schedules, DDC panel layouts to meet the intent of the based on project plans, specifications and contract documents. Designs building automation network architecture to support operator workstations, DDC field panels, third party integration devices connected through LON, Ethernet, Siemens P2 or BACNET.
- Creates automation system database and job related programming for computer-based building control systems.
- Establishes special calibration instructions on selected equipment. Oversees the creation of system graphics.
- Troubleshoots possible issues including identifying and debugging software, electrical or pneumatic and installation problems.
- Organizes and maintains the job folder and updates pertinent job related information.
- Prepares engineering re-estimate reports, minimizes variances and justifies.
- Provides on-site assistance with or performs the programming, start-up, checkout, commissioning and validation processes. Participates in job site final walk-through on assigned jobs, completes all job closeout documentation and provides customer training.
- Acts as a technical resource to existing customers and field employees as needed.
- Coordinates work with subcontractors.
- Must be able to perform all tasks with minimal supervision or coaching.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- Minimum of one year successful experience in area of responsibility and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above.
- Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing and must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Excellent health, vision, and dental plans with many options from which to choose.
All employees receive Life Insurance, Short, and Long Term Disability coverage.
401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
Education reimbursement programs available.
Extensive product training and professional career development.