Project Manager - SAP
Business Unit: Large Drives
Requisition Number: 233238
Primary Location: United States-Arkansas-Little Rock
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 15%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Process Industries and Drives Division helps manufacturers measurably increase productivity and improve time-to-market with our innovative, integrated technology and services. We support our customers in continuously improving the reliability, safety, and efficiency of products, processes and plants.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/process-industries-and-drives.htm
- The main responsibility lies in the implementation and maintenance of the Variant Configurator (VC) for the core products of the NEMA Industrial LV motor (LVM) group, specifically in the SAP environment to create and maintain the product configuration tool
- Utilize Product Master Data (PMD) for the LVM group North American product portfolio in SAP, to analyze and audit existing product master data for industrial products
- Defining measures to ensure information/data quality and efficiency (e.g. ensure data consistency, harmonized product specifications and data provision) and drive implementation in close cooperation with partners (R&D/ ENG/ Product Management)
- Support of requests from stakeholders and develop ideas to increase productivity in product data management processes
- Manage the variant configuration for NAFTA product portfolio in SAP and assist with Product Master Data Management
- Support of requests from stakeholders like Sales and Customers (e. g. Industry Mall functionalities, technical data provisions for dedicated customers, bug fixing in the product data model)
- Assist in identifying and driving optimizations in processes and seamless data flows (e. g. sustainable data provisions, automating data/information preparation, etc.)
- Develop requirements to future develop Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tools’ landscape based on North American customers’ perspective
- Implementation and maintenance of North American product portfolio into CRM-tools landscape to support business processes
- Coordination of product master information into the LVM NEMA Configurator for local product portfolio with partners (e. g. R&D, Engineering, Product Manager)
- Develop ideas to ensure Master Data quality and drive implementation in close cooperation with partners
- Develop local requirements to future development of the CRM-tools’ landscape based on US customers’ perspective
- Support business projects and/or cross-functional programs
- Maintenance of Derivation Rules for PMD data specific to US Region
- Maintain and facilitate the IEC mod process for the creation of any new mods or product changes
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- A candidate with a Bachelor degree in Engineering with a tool oriented mindset and interest in IT tools. Alternatively, a Bachelor degree in Computer Science with interest in technical equipment to allow a fast understanding of the products.
- Strong analytical skills for translating technical specification of electrical equipment into IT requirements in SAP, as well as for tool analysis and bug fixes.
- Strong team work capability as this role requires frequent collaboration with R&D/ENG, Product Mgmt., Commercial Support and Sales.
- Structured and quality orientated, analytical skills
- Ability to learn new things, determination and consistency, willingness to travel
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Collaboration with the Technical Data Manager (TDM) to ensure the LVM NEMA VC is working in conjunction with the DT-K, Industry Mall and PMD to avoid any inconsistencies with the proprietary global IT-applications
- Good understanding in sales processes and process-orientation
- Knowledge of MS office and database programming language (MS Access, knowledge SQL is benefit)
- Knowledge of NAFTA-product portfolio of low-voltage motors
- Experience with creating SAP Variant Configuration preferred
- Sound knowledge and expertise in product master data management and variant configuration in SAP / PMD (Product Master Data) for implementation and maintenance of configurable products