Site Engineering Manager - Building Automation Solutions & Service - Scarborough, ME
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 233274
Primary Location: United States-Maine-Scarborough
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 10%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens is seeking a dynamic Operations Manager to lead our Building Automation Solutions and Service Project business, reporting into our Scarborough, ME office. This is a great opportunity to become part of a global engineering powerhouse while working to make an already successful operations team even better.
- Manage the business in the market while leading Managers, Project Managers, Field Technicians, and Engineering teams.
- Balance financial metrics with employee and customer needs.
- Conduct one-on-one reviews with direct reports to help develop each individual’s potential on the team.
- Submit financial forecasting information monthly.
- Complete cost reviews with sales
- Participate on job walks and estimating.
- Prioritize schedules.
- Proactively forecast labor needs.
- Identify and support training and development for staff
- Provide technical support, expertise, leadership and accountability for installed projects.
- Actively coordinate startup activity schedules with the Project Managers, Engineering and Operations supervisors to ensure correct staffing and correct abilities are provided to meet individual project schedules and commitments.
- Develop manpower schedules and project loading to ensure contract completion in an efficient and profitable manner.
- Participate in or facilitate representation for the Project Manager-to-Field Work Force Project Turnovers, and the Solutions-to-Service Project Turnovers.
- Maintain and improve planned and executed margins for Solutions projects.
- Provide technical and operational support for the sales teams, including proper pricing and scope-of-work definition for solutions project opportunities.
- Communicate regularly with customers through all phases of the work we perform for them.
- Build and maintain an effective operations organization committed to customer and employee satisfaction and profitable growth.
- Manage or advise on hiring, training, development, allocation, and performance assessment of personnel within area of responsibility. Assist branch with training and development of operations personnel including training on use of financial reports.
- P&L responsibility.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Required education: High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state-recognized high school proficiency exam.
- Required experience: Five years of building technologies industry experience, and two years of management experience.
- Required travel: 5%
- Other requirements:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook and Project.
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- A thorough understanding of project management processes.
- Must be able to work in the U.S. without a need for current or future sponsorship.
- Must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing and be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Preferred education: Bachelor’s degree in Business, Construction, Electrical Engineering, or other field providing the educational background needed to succeed in this function.