Technical Trainer - T3000
Business Unit: Controls and Digitalization
Requisition Number: 233276
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Orlando
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 15%
Energy Learning Services – Technical Trainer
This position will be part of the transition of the Alpharetta based T3000 training relocation to Orlando, Florida. This person will be a key member of the startup and baselining of the well-established T3000 Training curriculum. This person will be responsible for the delivery, maintenance and development of customer-focused learning content, tools, and concepts within the assigned portfolio elements. The Technical Trainer assists course developers in the creation of design documents and helps to set delivery milestones. The Technical Trainer will deliver courseware via face-to-face.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
A Technical Trainer is principally charged with presenting prepared materials, supervising organized laboratory activities, displaying classroom leadership, recording student progress, and assuring the presence of appropriate equipment and materials to conduct the laboratory and classroom activities in a safe and effective manner.
Such typical duties and responsibilities that the Trainer is charged with, but not limited to are as follows:
- Conducts individual and group technical training courses and activities for employees and customers utilizing Siemens Energy T3000 DCS Engineering software & E3000 Excitation Equipment
- Identifies customers’ training needs to support the completion of Learning Needs Analyses.
- Supports sales functions of Portfolio Consultants.
- Completes appropriate revisions of existing course materials.
- Assists in the development of new course materials.
- Participate in departmental meetings and team activities
Required Education and Experience:
- AS/BS in appropriate engineering/engineering technology area or equivalent
- A minimum of 8 years of experience programming, installing, maintaining and troubleshooting industrial automation systems
- A minimum of 8 years of experience operating and maintaining industrial processes using standard distributed control systems, to include experience with PLC and DCS equipment, and associated electronic automation equipment and associated software packages.
- Experience documenting operational, safety, and environmental procedures in an industrial setting
- Background/experience in the Power Plant sector
- Significant recent experience working successfully in a field related to the Power Plant sector, or in an area directly related to industrial instrumentation and/or process control operations.
- Experience in technical teaching or mentoring students in a culturally diverse technical environment
- Experience in Siemens Drive products (Simoreg 6RA70, Sinamics G120, S120, GL150) a plus.