Scientist, Sr Staff
Business Unit: Healthineers (HC)
Requisition Number: 233279
Primary Location: United States-California-Berkeley
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
Seeking a Senior Staff to contribute as a key member of Siemens Healthineers Molecular Diagnostics R&D Business located in Berkeley, CA. Must be comfortable in a fast paced start-up environment and capable of integrating requirements from the various stakeholders and have ability to balance the needs of cost, quality and time-to-market. Contributions are expected at the individual level.
The Senior Scientist is responsible for the development of next generation PCR technology and new sample prep strategy.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BS Degree in biology or biochemistry with 10+ years of industry experience OR MS Degree with 8+ years of industry experience OR PhD with 6+ years industry experience.
- Experience developing entire assay workflows and chemistries for PCR -based IVD markets meeting CE-IVD and FDA requirements
- Experience in improving reagents and protocols on along with instrument development (binding, inhibition, elution, protocol optimizing)
- Experience with sample preparation and nucleic acid extraction technologies is required
- Experience with automated extraction and detection systems
- Experience in PCR assay development
- Independently perform experimentation and hands-on analysis
- Experience developing qualitative and quantitative assay systems, primer-probe design, genomic database mining, enzyme specification, materials and vendor selection and qualification
- Strong background in DOE, statistics in assay development
- Candidate must have been part of teams of commercially successful platforms where the candidate made significant contributions
- Self-motivated, independent and a driving force of efficient execution
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Experience in nested PCR
- Experience in Excel and JMP
- Experience with next generation sequencing
- Experience with as many forms of cell lysis, such as chemical, physical and enzymatic