Solutions Operations Manager III - Building Technologies
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 233285
Primary Location: United States-Oregon-Beaverton
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 10%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
Reporting to the Zone Operations Manager, this position will function as a Branch Operations Manager leading a team focused on building automation, fire life safety and security new construction with full P&L responsibility. This position will work in conjunction with the Branch General Manger and give strategic direction and strategy to drive business in the market overseeing a $20+ million-dollar business and will be responsible for revenue and margin quality along with key business KPI’s. This position will direct a team of Operations Managers, Engineers, and Project Managers.
· Direct all operations activities including: account management, project management, design engineering, systems installation and commissioning within a location. Ensure effective and profitable execution of solutions business, customer satisfaction and employee satisfaction consistent with company and location objectives. Advise management on local operations planning including resource allocation, hiring and development, financial forecasting, monitoring and issue resolution.
· Oversee custom solution installations, retrofits, and other solutions offerings. Review bidding to ensure accuracy and appropriate method to meet company and customer objectives. Assist employees in determining margins, identifying resources and assessing future potential business.
· Conduct financial analysis including forecasting, estimating, monitoring, and recovery planning. Develop and implement strategies (e.g. business growth, asset management, cost reduction, customer satisfaction, employee productivity) to achieve business goals.
· Ensure customer satisfaction and employee productivity and quality of work. Address customer service concerns and monitor satisfaction. Motivate employees to achieve customer and company performance goals. Perform employee management responsibilities such as hiring, training, conducting performance reviews, and resolving issues.
· Ensure the proper implementation of all company policies and procedures. Maintain current knowledge of regulatory laws, changes and requirements and ensure compliance. Develop and maintain technical competence of company’s products, applications and services.
· Track competition (activities, products, systems, prices, etc) reporting on findings and recommends changes/improvements. Represents Siemens in industry associations, professional organizations and affiliations and develops relationships with builders, contractors and other business community leaders
· Ensure the proper implementation of all company policies, procedures and productivity tools. Maintain current knowledge of regulatory laws, changes and requirements and ensure compliance. Advise and implement industry/field best practices to improve products, applications and services.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education:
· Associate’s degree in a technical (industry related) field or equivalent work experience.
· 5 + years industry experience including operations supervisory/ management role including planning, contracting, project management, account management and all aspects of general business management
· Technical and/or business licenses or registrations as required by the geographic area. Experience in the building construction industry or in a comparable contracting/service oriented industry.
· Ability to proactively implement organizational and process change in response to business needs. Strong listening, negotiation, organizational, oral and written communication skills for multi-tasking effectively.
· Ability to travel up to 10% of time depending on assigned geographic location.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education:
· Bachelor’s degree in related field is preferred.