Technical Service Manager - ANEMA Motors (Ohio)
Business Unit: Customer Services DF & PD
Requisition Number: 233286
Primary Location: United States-Ohio-Norwood
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 15%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/digital-factory.htm
The Siemens Customer Services (CS) Service Delivery (SD) team is looking for a skilled and experienced individual to lead the Customer Service ANEMA Motors team in Norwood, Ohio. In this role the Service Delivery (SD) Technical Support Manager will lead the Technical Support Team and Proposal / Order Management Team to support technical support and warranty customer calls and inquiries for quotations. The team is also responsible for order management activities for after-market parts and repair business. This person will also serve as the face of Customer Service in supporting and collaborating with the factory leadership team in Norwood. The successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of team performance, including financial planning and expense control, team skill development for technology and interpersonal skills, and process execution.
Drive a high level of customer satisfaction for CS MC business
Act as an escalation point for internal and external customers
Innovate and drive continuous improvement projects for the customer service team
Drive development and growth of employees
Collaborate with Customer Service partners (business developers, repair centers, business segment, technology business unit) to ensure our goals and processes are aligned
Review monthly KPI reporting to drive business execution and improvements.
Support audit and compliance requirements (internal and external) related to order management
Provide general guidance and training support of staff.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Broad ANEMA motor experience and knowledge. Ability to lead and diagnose / trouble-shoot field issues.
- Ability to interpret mechanical drawings, solid understanding of machining, fabrication & NDT processes.
- Demonstrated service culture mindset, ability to understand customer expectations and requirements.
- Develop and maintain positive business relationships with internal and external customers.
- Build & Lead a motivated and engaged team in a matrix environment.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 5+ years experience managing or supervising a team in an technical environment
- Demonstrated ability to work and communicate effectively with both technical and business audiences
- Strong written, technical documentation and oral communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- 10-15% travel to meet with team members and partners located in other Siemens US facilities
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Experience in web-based order management a plus
- Project management experience preferred
- SAP order management experience a plus
- Lean or Six Sigma experience a plus