Mentor Graphics/Siemens PLM Software
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management-PLM
Requisition Number: 233287
Primary Location: United States-Oregon-Wilsonville
Other Locations: United States-Texas-Plano
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 20%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens US Talent Acquisition
• Provide legal support for all Labor/Employment needs of a global company.
• Prepare legal documents, including separation agreements, policies, incentive plans, legal memos, responses to charges of discrimination, and employment agreements.
• Provide counsel to human resources and executive management on Labor/Employment matters, including employee relations, recruiting and hiring, harassment and discrimination, policies, leaves of absence, disability accommodations, government audits, reductions inforce, wage and hour matters, and non-competition agreements.
• Proactively monitor and advise business clients on labor and employment laws across the U.S. and globally.
• Minimal oversight of litigation and outside counsel.
• Mid-level attorney with 5-10+ years of experience practicing labor and employment law
• International experience required, preferably in Europe; Prior in-house experience preferred
• Will report to head of labor and employment law group for Siemens PLM Software. Mentor Graphics operates as part of the Siemens PLM Software business
• Position requires strong counseling and advice skills, broad knowledge of federal and state employment laws, familiarity with international labor and employment laws, ability to prepare and present training, knowledge of online research tools, and the ability to address legal issues proactively
• Candidate must be able to work independently in a team oriented culture
• Strong oral and written communication skills are essential. Candidate must be comfortable interfacing directly with managers and department leaders
• Must have a law degree from an accredited law school and be licensed to practice law in location hired or licensed in any state with ability to practice as an in-house attorney in the location hired
• This is an ongoing part-time position for approximately 30 hours per week. To be located in Wilsonville, Oregon or Plano, TX or Frimley, United Kingdom
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, color, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.